Intel Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was a phone interview with very few questions. Did not cover anywhere near the wide range of skills I have acquired over my long career. I did not care for this interview process. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions

• What is a user-defined table?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process took more than 3 months. Fairly average interview. 2 Phone interviews and one onsite with the 6 members throughout the day. The only negative experience was that, the job title and description was not shared with me until right before the interview. I am unaware if that is a standard practice.

Interview Questions

• Standard SQL and OOP questions and multiple whiteboard coding rounds.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a job fair at CSUS. Walked in and was teamed with a interviewer for about five minutes asking questions about my resume. If you were what they were looking for they scheduled you for a formal interview for later in the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had a conflict with another group member and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Initial phone screening was easy concentrating on Computer Architecture and C++ basics. Then I had two more phone interviews with the first one being relatively easy and the second one being a panel interview over phone with 3 interviewers mainly concentrating on Comp Arch, Academic projects, my research work and Software programming. I was able to answer most of the questions but later was notified of being offered the job to another Senior PhD student.

Interview Questions

• Stuff on your resume and some basic C++ questions in the first two rounds and some standard interview type questions in addition to these in the panel interview   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Both were mostly resume based questions. Went deep into projects. Coding questions asked. The interviewers were friendly and not intimidating. Be prepared with what you know. That matters most.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview about about 40 minutes. Make sure you are ready for the interview, do some research and practice your programming questions. Make sure you know how to describe the projects you have done

Temporary work permit

Software Develop Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview: a lot of basic programming problems including c,c++ and java. Need to know the reason for the difference in performance. What is the difference between java and C, or c++ and C? Why JAVA is much slower than c++? What is the problem to use memset() in C++?

Interview Questions

• Can memset be used in C++? What is the problem?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online on the website by referral and then received an email about a week later setting up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview (technical interview), I was notified about two weeks later that I was received and offer letter, giving me approximately 30 days to give my decision.

Interview Questions

• What is the main difference between the scripting languages C and C++   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Applied on Intel careers website. Three rounds of phone interview were there. Basically three different people from the same team, one product manager, second some developer and third is HR manage. First person asked me about my resume and I had to explain about my projects and publication in detail. Second was more of technical questions from programming, web services, SQL and networking. HR manager asked me about my technical experience in realtime, like hardware issues fixed for my own devices and my familiarity with latest technology and devices. He finally asked me about relocation and availability. Last thing he told was decision will be made in a weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Biggest hiccup I faced in my project and how I solved it ?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Had applied online via Intel Job portal.
    One round of telephonic from the Senior Manager. This round was mostly on my resume and projects few basic knowledge testing.
    Got a call for on-site visit. I had 5 rounds of 1:1 with senior software developers. They covered grounds on Object oriented concepts, XML, Java, Data structures, algorithms and design concepts. Each round did had white board coding ( moderate difficulty ). Process was very good and the interviewers very friendly and helpful. (they knew what to expect from a grad student!!)
    Lunch session with the manager to discuss about team and the culture.
    Got a mail in the same week with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Few of the coding questions were on memory level.
      Like how to test the stack overflow in java via a simple code.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was pretty competitive for me. Yes you do have an option to negotiate when the HR calls for the formal offer discussion.