Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Applied prior to a career fair and was given a phone screen a week in advance. The phone screen was to ask about my background and speak to my resume. Reasonably straightforward.

At the career fair, I met with various hiring managers across different groups where I was asked to talk to my resume but it felt like they were more pitching their group to me rather than asking about my skillset.

Once the hiring managers decided they wanted to proceed, I had a phone interview with a technical lead where I was asked various questions about machine learning and higher level languages (c++). My background is in Java but I have an understanding of c++.

After about a week, I was contacted by the hiring manager letting me know that he was going to put in for an offer for me.

Interview Questions

• What is the most common bug when accessing memory in C++?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online, got a call for phone screen after 2-3 weeks. The phone interview was very basic - no technical questions. 2-3 behavioral questions were asked and then asked to explain what you did at previous company. So, I would advise be very thorough about your work experience and present it nicely. After 3-4 business days, got an invite for on-site interview which was scheduled after a week. On site interview at Chandler had 4 interviews - 2 behavioral and 2 technical. The behavioral interviews are very easy and you just have to give examples of few situations you faced at your previous job or during an academic project. The first technical interview will be about basics of OOP, simple linked list creation/reverse program, basic SQL queries, data structure differences etc. Only pseudo code is enough, they don't want you to write the exact code but you should be prepared for it because I heard from other people who were interviewed that they were asked to code on a sheet of paper or whiteboard. The second technical interview is completely on your resume - you should know about each and every keyword you have mentioned in your resume. Motive behind this interview is to judge what exact position will fit you on the basis of your projects and work experience.
    Still waiting for results although I selected Yes I got an offer.. it's already 1 and a half week after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• MVC, SQL basic queries, Linked list creation, difference between list and hash table, hash map.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got an email from HR that they wanted a phone screen. Replied promptly with my available times, and didn't receive a response for days. Checked in with my progress, was told that I would be contacted within a few days. Was never contacted. Checked in again, and didn't receive a response.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me anything even though they requested an interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through the Red Carpet event. Everyone was kind and informative. I did multiple 1 hour interviews with individuals or small panels. The questions were based on my resume. They did give a programming exam to test my skill level. It's a very unique way of interviewing, but it is a good way to meet many people from Intel. That way you can see if it's the right company for you.

Interview Questions

• What are the components in a computer and where are they located?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate. I'd recommend at least coming in with your important demands. You'll most likely compromise, but if you don't ask you'll never know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after the pre-screening process, I was scheldued an telephonic interview. Two people interviewed me and it lasted for about 2 hours. Interview was easy covering almost everything on the resume. I got the result in about one week and unfortunately I wasn't selected

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions like basics of programming language and algorthm questions were also asked   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview. I already knew the person who was interviewing me from previous job. So we just had a chat about what my masters degree was about and talk about the current projects that he was working on. It was pleasant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

it is about 20 mins phone interview. HR and two developers ask many tech questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewers are great, recruiters are very friendly, can't get offer because of immigration issue. But they agree to relocate me if I can work in Canada Intel for one year

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasts for 40 minutes and is the first opportunity for Intel to really get to know you. There are also competency questions that you should answer with examples from your previous work experience. It is a good idea to structure your answers using the STAR Method to ensure a clear and complete answer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

3 interviews, all telephone based. 2 technical in nature. One of them was automated in nature. Easy scheduling and wonderful! I would 100% do it again if I had the choice!

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about binary search trees that caught me off guard!   Answer Question