Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Was an intern in the same team. Worked hard for 3 monthsand manager converted to full time with out interview. There was just a phone interview for internship. He was impressed with my skill sets and gave me internship oppurtunity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview

First I had a written test about linux and basic programming questions. Then I was invited for onsite interviews. Two engineers asked me programming questions like sorting arrays, finding elements on it, time complexity, etc. I had to write in a whiteboard and explain my answer.

Interview Questions

• How to find a missing element in an array   1 Answer

I received a better offer from another company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

They were very nice! Only two technical questions. They had a bunch of behavior questions. They wanted to see that I was well rounded and easy going. The interview was a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a new technology and how it affected you.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2012.

Interview

Entered the company through a competitive co-op program. Interview was conducted with a representative from many other companies who would receive a lottery pick at the end of a day. Picks were chosen based on a companies preferences and who was available at the position in draft.

Interviews only took 10 minutes and were a mix of behavioral and some technical questions, specifically preferences.

Interview Questions

• How can you reverse a string in C?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because the offer was the best from the program.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process takes one day and goes smoothly. Different interviewers focus on different domains, such as programming language, document reading and understanding, team cooperation and others. It is not easy to answer all questions. You need to think fast and give good answers. These interviews are quite smart. The technical questions are well prepared.

Interview Questions

• When the task is impossible to finish within the given deadline, what should you do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed last summer. One phone and then onsite, which consisted of 5 interviews, all 1:1. I was interviewed in Chandler, AZ and the questions were pretty decent. It involves some thinking and knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2014.

Interview

I was working as an Intern and applied through internal website. There was an initial talk with the hiring team about my current project. Then two weeks later, a full day interview was scheduled. Multiple areas of computer Science curriculum were tested. One round was on virtualization and communication stack in VMs, one round on networking, one round was on Graph theory.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed that the process moved so fast. No delays. The whole process took a fraction of the time it would take at other big companies. Had two rounds of phone interviews then was called onsite. At the onsite interview I had 7 rounds of interviews, one hour each. The first was with senior manager and focused on behavioral, goals questions and then basic questions from what I had written on my resume. The next 5 were technical. I was tested on C, Java because that was what I said I was most comfortable with. Questions ranged from knowledge of the language e.g questions about how the garbage collector in java works, to coding questions on trees, pointers, recursion, string manipulation, arrays etc. Some interviewers also asked computer architecture questions e.g. caches, superscalar processor design etc... The last meeting was with project manager. Asked few questions concerning whether I liked group members and projects being worked on.

All in all the interviewers were very focused, professional, bright and helpful. It felt more like an interesting intellectual conversation than an interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Have two rounds of behavioral interviews instead of the typical one. First round was more of getting a sense of which department best suits you and then they send you off to another interviewer in that field to ask more behavioral and then more position specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you used new technology to succeed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

I got referred by an acquaintance to the Windows OS team at Folsom. The overall interview process was around 3-4 weeks. I had an initial round of phone interview which concentrated on general operating system concepts.

I was invited for an onsite interview at Folsom, CA. It was the worst experience that I have had in an interview. I think that the decision regarding hiring was made well before actually even interviewing me. There were 7 rounds of technical interviews. First round was good with generic discussion about my projects, operating system concepts etc. Second round was by an engineer with no proper communication skills, he was rude, unwilling to hear to my approach to problems. This was supossed to be a x86 coding round when I had no where listed that on my resume.

Most of the rounds were primarily concentrated on computer architecture when I had very limited knowledge on the same. The interviewers seems very inconsiderate of the fact that I was a computer science student and not a CE student.

The lunch interview was a pain, right from the moment we left the meeting room, till we came back the interviewer was constantly asking questions, with very limited time given to even have my food. I was expected to code on paper even the lunch interview round which seemed pretty insane to me.

The worst part was the same team at Hillborough had no CE questions at all that were asked while interviewing the candiates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between pentium 4 pipeline and RISC pipeline. What is the first instruction that the CPU executes. Write the PIN diagram of 8086 processor.   Answer Question