Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2019.

Interview

I was contacted only a few days after applying for a position on the Intel careers website. They wanted to start with a phone screen which took roughly 20-30 minutes, it involved technical questions mainly based on object oriented programming. A week later I was contacted again saying they wanted to have the hiring manager and one other developer do a phone interview with me, this one was mostly behavioral and took a bit longer mostly questions about my internship listed on my resume and how I dealt with peers.

About 2 days after the second interview I was contacted yet again requesting an on-site interview the following week. The onsite interview was a little over 5 hours, with each hour being with 2 different team members (So I got to meet 10 members of the team total) and the 4th hour was just a lunch break instead of an interview. The first hour was mostly the team lead telling me about the position and giving me a facility tour, he asked some questions about how much I knew about Intel and his team, and why Intel might be doing some of the business practices they are (Such as why did Intel make the wafer size bigger but the transistor size smaller?). The 2nd hour was with their Database team member and their Automation member, I was asked a plethora of questions by both. The 3rd hour was with their execution controls team member who asked many questions as well, and the guy who did my 2nd phone interview dropped by for the last 10 minutes. The lunch was after that, had a whole 90 minutes for it and the team members taking me out to eat mostly asked about my outside of work/school activities and what hobbies and interest I have. The final interview was with the team manager who did very little coding and was mostly behavioral and if I might be interested in night shift / compressed work week.

Interview Questions

• What is agile development? What is Scrum in agile development? What is object oriented design?   Answer Question
  • Given a basic project description what kinds of questions might you ask your customer for requirement elicitation? What are the stages of a software life cycle? Can you tell me more about each of these stages?   Answer Question
  • Given the function:
    int summation(int a, int b){
    return ( a + b)
    }
    How would you test this function if both of the int parameters are nullable?   Answer Question
  • Given a string, delimited by ';' where each sub string contains a key and value, how would you create a function to allow a user to quickly search the string for a specific value given a key?
    E.x.: key1=val1;key2=val2;key3=val3
    Given input key1 should return val1 and nothing else.
    Follow up was can you do this without 'strtok()' ?   Answer Question
  • What is a primary key? What is a foreign key? What is a relational database? What is a transaction database?
    (The transaction database threw me, I asked if he meant database transaction he said no he meant transaction database.)   Answer Question
  • Knowing excel names its columns alphabetically, where after it runs out of the normal 26 alphabet characters it simply adds a new one. Eg the 27th column would be AA, how would you take a string of letters and turn it into a column number for the excel spreadsheet?   Answer Question
  • In C, what is the difference between a Union and a Struct? Is it possible to create a class in C with a function specifically for that class like in an object oriented language?
    E.x. in c# if you have:
       public class a{
          int a, b;
          function add(int a, int b){
              return a+b;
      }
    How would you create something similar in c with a struct?   Answer Question
  • In C# what library would you use if you wanted to implement a timer? What library if you wanted to implement an HTTP request? What library for interrupts?   Answer Question
  • Describe object oriented programming main features, and a description of each.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

30 min phone interview then an onsite interview with 5 engineers. Focus on OS and computer architecture questions and one easy C coding. I got the offer immediately after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Cache false sharing.
      Malloc vs Calloc
      Using pointers to reverse a string in C.   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview experience was great, They have asked me about the projects on my resume. On the same day I got a call from the recruiter for a second interview. Two weeks after the second interview I got an offer and accepted it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Driver group, One round phone interview and refused. A lot of question about operating system like mutex and spin lock. Some code question about bit operation. After 1 week get response.

Interview Questions

• Change an integer into binary   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone call, then invitation to onsite interview.
    Some coding questions then just going over resume.
    After a few days, HR called and asked me things going well and will give offer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was scheduled for one Phone interview and two on-site interview. The phone interview was around 30 minutes, mostly resume screening and CS fundamentals. If basic concepts are clear , you should be good.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer is really nice. He is polite and patient during the whole process. He told me very clearly about the interview process at the beginning of each step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2018.

Interview

tag team interview with many people. Some in depth, some more character-based. Intermission with an off-site lunch. Start the morning with a presentation of work which is attended both by people who will interview you and by others who are just interested in topic.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

2 pop-up telephone interviews focus on technical question, one on-site interview with the entire team and some bosses. Low level system questions, database questions, some math questions, computer networking, coding, algorithm questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2018.

Interview

The process was smooth and overall all had good experience. Practice some coding problems and concept.

Interview Questions

• What is the most common bug when accessing memory in C++?
      What are the components in a computer and where are they located?   Answer Question