Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview which asked me questions about the technologies used in my resume. Day long behavior and technical interviews on-site where I was grilled and had to write code on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How can you describe an opportunity to show technical leadership you've had in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

the candidates have to go through 2/3 rounds of interview. Including technical test, personality interview. Depends on the department, sometimes you need to come for the 3rd interview with other team members. The interview process is tedious though the salary offering is not competitive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kildare (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Kildare (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

the interview was extensive and on time.
    questions were standard in relation to my experience and qualifications.
    what motivates you ,describe a time when you felt under undue stress etc.....some of the questions were difficult to answer but easy to muddle through if prepared.technical questions were fine once prepared.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you,have you ever lied? and similiar type questions....these were outside the technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty good communication with recruiter through email. I had a phone screening first then within about 2 weeks got an interview. Unfortunately, I got a rejection about 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a merge sort algorithm to sort a file. However, the entire file cannot be loaded into memory but you can load up to 10 items into memory at a time. There are 100 items to sort.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews, the first one was for 30 mins and the other one lasted for 45 mins. After I passed the phone interviews process, I was told to go to the main campus to have one final on site interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

I had 3 level of interview. Two round technical one round of managment. I was interviewd by group of three people. Usual technical questions followed by programing questions and design pattern questiosns. The managerial round was interesting with questions related to real life scenario like how you will react when you find your colleague misusing the funds
    IT all happened in one day. And i got offer in the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Córdoba (Argentina)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Córdoba (Argentina)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview has 3 steps. A management one, where the manger asks about general stuff and soft skills. A behavioral one, where a manager or an architect discusses with you some soft skills related situations. And a technical step in which you resolve some code-related problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a situation where time is not enough?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First will be a phone screening where you will be asked about GPA, and some basic questions. If you clear they will schedule an 1:1. In 1:1 you will have many rounds. One after another.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa (Israel)) in July 2012.

Interview

A friend recommended me directly to the hiring managers.
    i submitted CV and university diploma.
    i had 1 phone interview.
    i was spared the first interview (as i later learned about the interview process in the company)
    I had an interview with 2 group manager, manly about software questions, and previous experience questions.

Interview Questions

• write code to save and search in address book, the search is done with the number pad so every number represent one of 3 letters.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa (Israel)) in June 2013.

Interview

A Phone call interview at first.
    Two interviews - 1 by members of the team + 1 by the managers.
    A meeting for the contract review.
    Each interview had 2 members interviewing.
    There was a gap of 2 weeks between each interview, and after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Take 1 card of a deck of cards. With 1 time going through the deck - how do you know which one is missing? (O(1) memory)
      Now put the card back, mix the deck and take out 2 cards....how do you know which 2 they are?
      Answer Question