Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.9

263 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview which asked me questions about the technologies used in my resume. Day long behavior and technical interviews on-site where I was grilled and had to write code on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How can you describe an opportunity to show technical leadership you've had in the past?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Have a lunch with the hiring manager and talk to 5 peoples in the panel one each time. The questions are not good to test an experience candidate. They judge you by specific questions without appreciating the working experience of the candidate.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an array of n integers. Derive an array where the value of the element at index i is the product of elements in the given array except element i in the given array. The complexity should be O(n).
      2. How to traverse timing graph starting from the input nodes? Data structure of the nodes in the graph is given. Write a C program for it.
      3. Implement C++ hashing function.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process began with a 30 minutes phone interview with hiring manager followed by face-to-face interview the following week. Prior to the latter interview, the friendly interviewer included things to expect during face-to-face interview, such as to share my experience based on Intel six values.

The first hour of interview process was smooth by sharing my former duties as well as people management skill with the same interviewer. Still, I was caught unprepared for a technical test conducted by two engineers during second hour, including writing a simple application to open and write file using any programming language, some SQL questions, and general coding questions such as how to prevent file lock. My answers were less than satisfactory and as expected, no feedback from them despite smooth conversation with the friendly hiring manager.

Note that this is multi-position interview (the team was having two vacancies with different tasks) and in general, the candidates will be a software engineer in either developing applications using C++ to generate FPGA test patterns or to write web applications.

Interview Questions

• Share your experiences, e.g. what did you do in which role/situation and the results obtained.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Quite tough but very good stuff. Explain about hardware logic. Explain about software and error correction. There was also a presentation and other kind of stuff. Very good location.

Interview Questions

• Explain about hardware logic. Explain about software and error correction. There was also a presentation and other kind of stuff. Very good location   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Anything that you put on your resume, they will ask you about, so be honest. They want to know what languages you know, they want to know all of the parts of a computer.

Interview Questions

• What is all of the aspects of Object Oriented Programming?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic first and called for face to face and HR round, Telephonic was for around an hour, later called for a face to face and then the HR round. The interviewer was technically sound and knowledgable in the field, asked some touch and some easy questions and very polite and co-operative. HR round was also nice and cordial

Interview Questions

• why you chose Intel, what is the best thing about Intel   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

the candidates have to go through 2/3 rounds of interview. Including technical test, personality interview. Depends on the department, sometimes you need to come for the 3rd interview with other team members. The interview process is tedious though the salary offering is not competitive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kildare (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Kildare (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

the interview was extensive and on time.
    questions were standard in relation to my experience and qualifications.
    what motivates you ,describe a time when you felt under undue stress etc.....some of the questions were difficult to answer but easy to muddle through if prepared.technical questions were fine once prepared.

Interview Questions

• what motivates you,have you ever lied? and similiar type questions....these were outside the technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty good communication with recruiter through email. I had a phone screening first then within about 2 weeks got an interview. Unfortunately, I got a rejection about 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a merge sort algorithm to sort a file. However, the entire file cannot be loaded into memory but you can load up to 10 items into memory at a time. There are 100 items to sort.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews, the first one was for 30 mins and the other one lasted for 45 mins. After I passed the phone interviews process, I was told to go to the main campus to have one final on site interview.