Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.9

255 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

applied to the position, which was posted on LinkedIn, and within hours, a Talent Acquisition Specialist reached out to me over the phone. There, he and I discussed my work background and how it might be a good fit for me. The following week, I interviewed on-site with the manager of the Proposal Team and two people who worked under her, my potential colleagues

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview few rounds, then in person interview on-site.
    Interview process was good, very efficient.
    Have very good communication during the interview process with team leader and HR.
    HRs are very helpful and kind.
    Overall very good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you design a test framework for virtual machine platform?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Quite tough but very good stuff. Explain about hardware logic. Explain about software and error correction. There was also a presentation and other kind of stuff. Very good location.

Interview Questions

• Explain about hardware logic. Explain about software and error correction. There was also a presentation and other kind of stuff. Very good location   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shannon (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Shannon (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. They focused more on technical questions and my course work rather than questions like what do you know about us, why do you want to work for Intel, tell us about yourself etc.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudocode to reverse an array   Answer Question
    • There are three bags, one labelled apples, one labelled oranges, one labelled apple and oranges. The labels are incorrect. How do you figure out which bag has which?   Answer Question
    • Explain how cryptography works   Answer Question
    • Explain inheritance   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2016.

Interview

Employee Referral, One coding round followed by two phone interviews. They were mostly focused on Data Structures and Algorithms. Coding and design questions were asked in all the three rounds. The hackerank consisted of coding and sql based questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in August 2015.

Interview

They asked me to go to their office in Penang to do the interview. The interview is done in a conference room with a whiteboard. I am interviewed by 5 senior developers, although I ended up not working with them when I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Personality questions mostly. The coding question is pretty easy. They asked me to write a code to figure out what is the missing number in an array when the range of the number is known and all of them are unique. A range of 1 to 9 should have 8 numbers in the array with one missing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Anything that you put on your resume, they will ask you about, so be honest. They want to know what languages you know, they want to know all of the parts of a computer.

Interview Questions

• What is all of the aspects of Object Oriented Programming?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening was followed by two levels of on site interviews. First round involved talks with hiring manager regarding my interests and details of the job I was being interviewed for. Second round was divided into 3 separate technical interviews with people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly regarding the projects that i had done in during my course work that were listed in my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

All day interview; pretty simple / standard questions in programming and some computer architecture. Just stay cool and answer to best you can. Got offer the following week. Accepted offer after some salary negotiations. Overall a pleasant experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Face-to face interview with a manager of a department. The manager was very nice, feel relaxed to communicate with the manager, and obtained a lot of insights into company's benefits and working areas.