Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

College recruitment process. Asked about driver code. Had to wait in long lines for almost three hours before getting a change to speak with the interviewer. Asked for driver code explanation. No reply since the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

had one on one or two on one interviews with 5-6 team members. 40% behavioral and 60% technical questions with some brain teasers and questions pertaining to internship I had there prior to my interview. Intel heavily favors Recent college grads and internship at intel is often a huge plus if you do well as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Had several questions about my prior experience as an intern.   Answer Question

Negotiation

written offer. I accepted as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email for a phone interview once month later. The phone interview took 30 minutes with a hiring manager in which he go over the resume and had some technical questions. I then received an email and phone call from HR person to set up an in-person interview with 5 people and the interview lasted about 5+ hours. Technical questions about C++ template, multithreading, python code, git and unix commands and more questions about the latest job experiences. There were a lot of behavior questions too.

Interview Questions

• Explain C++ template and multithreading and examples? How does git store data and manage access control? Fast-forward merging in Git? Unix command to find patterns in directory hierarchy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

talk with three engineers for technical questions and past projects. each for about one hour. Then talk with manager. He talk with current project in the team and allow you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• video color format, allocate aligned memory. basic c++ questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a 20 minutes interview session. I was asked to talk about myself and to tell about the projects in my resume. I was asked to chose projects on my own to prepare.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you know the technology that our current team is working on   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Had an initial Hackerrank challenge and problems were on Linked Lists, bit manipulation and few questions on OS and in the interview was asked details about my projects and experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a Software Design that you had worked from scratch   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2016.

Interview

I applied at a career fair, had an in-person screen, was the placed on a backed-up queue of other candidates. I was contacted nearly 3 months later by the coordinator of a specific team who was surprised it had taken so long for my resume to reach them. All within a week and a half, I had another phone screen, coding challenge, and then final interview with an engineer, where we discussed the coding challenge and your typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C and Java in terms of compilation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then an on-site interview. The phone interview was easy, about 50% behavioral and 50% technical questions. The on-site interview was mostly technical, covering data structures and Java concepts.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with the stress of having a lot of projects?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview, and nothing was out of the ordinary. Just went through all of my resume basically, what projects I had worked on. Interviewer was looking for a lot of front-end stuff so I was asked to highlight my experiences that would help in that regard. I then was asked me some general behavioral questions, but nothing too hard and nothing out of the ordinary. Just know your resume and your skills, and then the basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what I would do if I had been asked to do too many projects at once, and how I would deal with the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email after applying online asking if I would require Visa sponsorship and to schedule a phone interview later that week. There were two phone interviews, one was mostly technical and asked more general questions about object oriented programming, interfaces/abstract classes, and multithreading/processes. The second interview was a phone interview with two managers that was entirely behavioral and consisted of relatively difficult behavioral questions for about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between a process and a thread?   Answer Question