Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Had an initial Hackerrank challenge and problems were on Linked Lists, bit manipulation and few questions on OS and in the interview was asked details about my projects and experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a Software Design that you had worked from scratch   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2016.

Interview

I applied at a career fair, had an in-person screen, was the placed on a backed-up queue of other candidates. I was contacted nearly 3 months later by the coordinator of a specific team who was surprised it had taken so long for my resume to reach them. All within a week and a half, I had another phone screen, coding challenge, and then final interview with an engineer, where we discussed the coding challenge and your typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between C and Java in terms of compilation?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview, and nothing was out of the ordinary. Just went through all of my resume basically, what projects I had worked on. Interviewer was looking for a lot of front-end stuff so I was asked to highlight my experiences that would help in that regard. I then was asked me some general behavioral questions, but nothing too hard and nothing out of the ordinary. Just know your resume and your skills, and then the basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what I would do if I had been asked to do too many projects at once, and how I would deal with the situation.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email after applying online asking if I would require Visa sponsorship and to schedule a phone interview later that week. There were two phone interviews, one was mostly technical and asked more general questions about object oriented programming, interfaces/abstract classes, and multithreading/processes. The second interview was a phone interview with two managers that was entirely behavioral and consisted of relatively difficult behavioral questions for about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between a process and a thread?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Tempe, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a specific team. The process was very straightforward, no in person interview, just two skype screens. Got on offer but went with a different company. The compensation was far below market rate. No technical questions at all. This was for an internal C# developer position. Also, they only gave me around 5 days to accept or reject the offer.

Interview Questions

• What tech blogs do you read?
      Imagine you are captain of a pirate ship that found a bunch of treasure. How do you maximize the treasure that you bring home?
      What courses did you take that are relevant to the job description?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

There were limited positions for the role and an immediate decision was required, so it was just a phone interview and that was the first and last round. There were three interviewers on the call who were asking questions at random.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were based on the basics of programming languages C++ and Java. Also there were practical questions on Java like if we are allowed to have multiple JREs in a system and what would you do to troubleshoot when a Java application does not work fine on your system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Typical process, meeting hiring manager, a few engineers from the team asking about programming questions, explain my past projects. My past experience helps as I had to do project management, software development, and remote team collaborations. Not necessary that I do this at current company, but good that I'm not only just a coder.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in working/helping on different projects. Seems like a team where everybody pitch in as needed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was recommended to them by a person from the company I interned with and a manager from intel reached out and invited me to interview with them.

I went through a phone screening where they asked about the classes I had taken, what they covered, and the types of projects I've done.

I then went through a round of interviews where they also asked me more about my background, what I was looking for, and asked some programming concept questions and gave me an algorithm problem.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write pseudocode for getting a string as input and outputting all possible permutations of the characters in the string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter in my university career fair and got a call back on the very next day. Scheduled my interview after a week. The position was based in Oregon and I was interviewed by a senior person from the team. It was a 50 minutes skype interview. Started off with basic questions about resume, project, discussed skill set and he quickly moved on to coding questions. Everything was pretty simple but I felt that the interviewer wasn't open to many solutions. He just had a solution in mind and wouldn't let me proceed until I reach there.(though there wasn't a major difference between the two approaches)
    1) Free a BST.
    2) Implement atoi
    3) Logical question followed by code to the same. Find the trialing number of 0s in 106!
    4) This was an interesting puzzle which he wanted me to work on and share my results. I did a little bit of work on it and got back to him the next day for which he said that he liked the solution and suggested a simpler solution. Since then, I've been following up with him every week and there has been no response. Come on he could at least tell me that I am not good enough!! Really disappointed and gave up. Been a month now.

Interview Questions

• 1) Free a BST.
      2) Implement atoi
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of on-site interview. Two in the morning, one lunch interview and two in the afternoon. They were very friendly and did not ask many technical questions. They only asked me to introduce myself and go over the resume and talk about my skills. The whole experience was very pleasant. They reimbursed for the flight and hotel.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between const int * and int const *.   2 Answers