Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Met me in lobby and took me into a small room. Individually interviewed with several different high-up engineers separately. Process was about 2.5-3 hours total. They all asked me some conceptual questions, experience and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe parsing sets of data using excel and storing the parsed data into a proper data structure.   Answer Question
  • Pros and cons of C/C++   Answer Question
  • Dealing with a bad group member & resolution   Answer Question
  • Resume questions, experience, how it will be helpful for their group   Answer Question
  • Things I've built, what languages, why, what I learned   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I feel like my opinion of this is marred by the fact that the interviewer doing my phone screen had a thick accent and I couldn't understand him. Even though the questions asked weren't hard, the interview was difficult and I kept having to ask him to repeat himself, which probably did not make me look good.

Interview Questions

• Create a binary tree and print its nodes in postorder.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked me to talk about my previous work experience and the relevant coursework. I was also asked some basic technical questions related to C++. After this i was called for an onsite interview which had two rounds. One was technical where i was asked questions related to Embedded Systems and Operating Systems.After this it was similar to a HR round where I was supposed to answer how I reacted to various situations at my previous work place.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Mutex and Semaphore...What is a Spin lock ? ....When would you use each of these? ..Difference between Structure and Union...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a series of interviews. first was phone screening. then in person. then another in person. Just a series of in persons until you talk to the HR for comp package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was done via Microsoft Lync (like skype) and a collaborative coding tool where you can view code in real time. Interview consisted of both several technical questions and several questions about background and experience. Technical questions were C oriented, and the time given to answer them was rather limited. Interviewer was impatient and the interview itself was full of tension.

Interview Questions

• Questions about inheritance, polymorphism, and pointers in C.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

2.5 hours of phone interview was scheduled after getting call from Intel - Hillsboro, Oregon campus as I was shortlisted during career fair at my university. 2 interviewers took the interview which was supposed to be for 2 hours but extended to two and a half hours. Was a very good experience to try solving questions and the interviewers were also very friendly.

Interview Questions

• -Questions based on Resume
      -More knowledge based questions based on technologies stated in Resume
      -problem solving questions (Data Structs, Algos)
      -Puzzle
      -Design based question (Online Restaurant Management System)
      -Coding
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I worked as an intern previously and found the job opening in a different team. Applied and got a call back within a week from the manger. Technical interviews were schedule for a month later and was invited for on-site after another month. Offer was made the same day of the on-site interview.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2015.

Interview

Received an email about a potential opportunity, had a phone interview(around 30 minutes) talking about the position and what I would be doing. I talked about this as well as my projects/prior work with the interviewer. Received an offer a couple days later. Overall a very quick easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Ask you about simple program and statistics. At the beginning, the interviewer asked me about the resume and what did I do in my research. The interviewer is really interested in the research I did so talked about that for a couple minutes. Therefore, the interviewer did not ask many questions due to the time constraint.

Interview Questions

• Is logistic regression a convex problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

the overall experience was not so great. They took whole 4 weeks to send a confirm process letter. I was very disappointed. I felt very sad too. Such a good company.Hope fully looking forward to the interview again. when and where the details are to be known soon. Not known too.