Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.9

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was recommended to them by a person from the company I interned with and a manager from intel reached out and invited me to interview with them.

I went through a phone screening where they asked about the classes I had taken, what they covered, and the types of projects I've done.

I then went through a round of interviews where they also asked me more about my background, what I was looking for, and asked some programming concept questions and gave me an algorithm problem.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write pseudocode for getting a string as input and outputting all possible permutations of the characters in the string.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter in my university career fair and got a call back on the very next day. Scheduled my interview after a week. The position was based in Oregon and I was interviewed by a senior person from the team. It was a 50 minutes skype interview. Started off with basic questions about resume, project, discussed skill set and he quickly moved on to coding questions. Everything was pretty simple but I felt that the interviewer wasn't open to many solutions. He just had a solution in mind and wouldn't let me proceed until I reach there.(though there wasn't a major difference between the two approaches)
    1) Free a BST.
    2) Implement atoi
    4) This was an interesting puzzle which he wanted me to work on and share my results. I did a little bit of work on it and got back to him the next day for which he said that he liked the solution and suggested a simpler solution. Since then, I've been following up with him every week and there has been no response. Come on he could at least tell me that I am not good enough!! Really disappointed and gave up. Been a month now.

Interview Questions

• 1) Free a BST.
      2) Implement atoi
      3) Logical question followed by code to the same. Find the trialing number of 0s in 106!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of on-site interview. Two in the morning, one lunch interview and two in the afternoon. They were very friendly and did not ask many technical questions. They only asked me to introduce myself and go over the resume and talk about my skills. The whole experience was very pleasant. They reimbursed for the flight and hotel.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between const int * and int const *.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I underwent a phone screening at Chandler location. Got a call within a week for a face-to-face interview on site. The interview was from 8 am to 1 pm. Lunch was provided.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screens with multiple groups of engineers. Asking casual and technical questions. Straight and to the point about the position. Usually a coding question or two at the end.

Interview Questions

• Write some code to reverse a string.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a phone interview, they sent me an email two days earlier to inform me about the interview and then the interview took just 30 minutes. The interview was very easy and the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• They just went through my resume and asked me questions about my previous work and some of the networking protocols that I know and what programming languages I use the most.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume on Intel Jobs site
    Received prescreening phone call from Engineering Manager
    Phone interviews, one hour each with the Project Manager and the Software Director
    One hour in person interview with the Project Manager
    In person interview with Software Director over lunch
    In person personality interview with the Engineering Manager

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program.

A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food).

The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM.

The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview).

The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
    • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place.

If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2015.

Interview

The requirements were shell scripting,Perl and TCl. It was Technical phone interview. They asked basic commands, what does the commands do like Pipeline,cat,>,<,>> in unix. They also asked few data structure questions and some sql queries.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online after noticing posts on LinkedIn. Had two rounds of telephonic interviews. Both were 30 to 40 minutes long. They were very supportive and brought out the answers from me by providing hints and encouragement. I had a very pleasant experience interviewing with both the engineers.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly focused on the language C. The questions were directed towards gauging your understanding your understanding of how C works as a language and how compilers work in general. Questions included difference between C and Python, advantages of C, disadvantages of C.   1 Answer