Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon

3.1

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

had one on one or two on one interviews with 5-6 team members. 40% behavioral and 60% technical questions with some brain teasers and questions pertaining to internship I had there prior to my interview. Intel heavily favors Recent college grads and internship at intel is often a huge plus if you do well as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Had several questions about my prior experience as an intern.   Answer Question

Negotiation

written offer. I accepted as is.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

talk with three engineers for technical questions and past projects. each for about one hour. Then talk with manager. He talk with current project in the team and allow you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• video color format, allocate aligned memory. basic c++ questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of on-site interview. Two in the morning, one lunch interview and two in the afternoon. They were very friendly and did not ask many technical questions. They only asked me to introduce myself and go over the resume and talk about my skills. The whole experience was very pleasant. They reimbursed for the flight and hotel.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between const int * and int const *.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I initially applied online and it took about two months to actually get called back. Once I got called back though, the process went very quickly! First, I was contacted for a phone screening that was pretty straightforward with a few behavioral questions and technical questions that felt like they were read off of a paper. After passing the phone screening I was contacted two days later with a second more technical phone screening. It also had a few behavioral questions and a few questions that actually asked me how I would design a program.

A couple days after that, I was contacted for a flight out to the Intel campus for an in person interview. The flight scheduling was really nice, Intel covered everything (flight, hotel, car rental, food).

The on campus interview was rather intense, not because it was hard but because it was draining. It started at 8:00 AM and I had interviews with 9 people (mostly 1 hour, but two were half hour) ending at 5:00 PM.

The on campus interviews tended to always start with a behavioral question or two, then they would lead off into technical questions. I was asked to write code on a whiteboard, locate bugs in some printed code, write code on paper, and how I would design certain solutions (sometimes with code and sometimes with just a high level overview).

The Intel campus was great! It was HUGE compared to what I'm used to. The campus had three food courts (which had some good food from the lunch that was provided for me), a spa and salon, massage therapist, gym (with karate and yoga classes at the moment, but I was told more are offered), play area (ping pong tables, pool tables, air hockey tables, and what's even better is people were actually playing!), US Bank branch (not just an ATM, but actually a desk with a teller), and health center with a doctor and nurses (you know, for all the injuries programmers get from typing. Actually, you can go there for all your regular checkups).

Interview Questions

• Write a recursive Java function to reverse a String object   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Intel?   Answer Question
    • How would you design a web service to limit a user to 1000 transactions per hour?   Answer Question
    • If you have 8 coins and one weighs more than the others, give three algorithms with their best and worst case comparisons. Which of the three algorithms would you use? Alright, code the algorithm.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with an angry coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was prepared to negotiate to a higher salary, but the initial offer was actually higher than I expected. When I talked about it with the recruiter, she said that the extended a larger salary than normal to be, so no negotiation took place.

If you do have to negotiate though, it sounded like the recruiter will need to take your requested salary and go back to the team you're applying for to request the new salary, so it may require a few phone calls.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

2.5 hours of phone interview was scheduled after getting call from Intel - Hillsboro, Oregon campus as I was shortlisted during career fair at my university. 2 interviewers took the interview which was supposed to be for 2 hours but extended to two and a half hours. Was a very good experience to try solving questions and the interviewers were also very friendly.

Interview Questions

• -Questions based on Resume
      -More knowledge based questions based on technologies stated in Resume
      -problem solving questions (Data Structs, Algos)
      -Puzzle
      -Design based question (Online Restaurant Management System)
      -Coding   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Ask you about simple program and statistics. At the beginning, the interviewer asked me about the resume and what did I do in my research. The interviewer is really interested in the research I did so talked about that for a couple minutes. Therefore, the interviewer did not ask many questions due to the time constraint.

Interview Questions

• Is logistic regression a convex problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Difficult.. Had a lot of unexpected questions, there's not much else to say. They do try to filter out people that don't know what they're doing. Great office and great atmosphere. They recruit quite aggressively.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Applied online - got an email for setting up phone interview call.
    First interview call - directly with the hiring manager. Asked about past exp and resume
    then simple OS related questions and then some moderate level questions
    Second Interview call - with the team lead. Average OS related questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

It is an interview over phone call. Firstly, the interviewer introduced their teams and respect works. It is a team working on super computers. As a software team, they are doing testing in this new super computer. It works on a different OS other than Linux and Windows. Then after introduction, they ask me about my related experience in these fields.

Interview Questions

• Detailed experience in testing building new OS for a new OS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

I applied for a contract position here and I was interviewed by a manger who has 16 years experience at Intel, Portland. I have a experience of 5 years in the software industry and I was applying for jobs after a 2 years break in my career due to family reasons. I had worked on a startup idea and built and published an app and that was my recent experience. The manager just started off by belittling my skills and experience. His exact words were "Why did it take you so long to complete and publish this application? Wasn't there any one behind you with a stick (to beat you) while you were working on this app? ". I was horrified by the language used by the interviewer and I never followed up with them with the next steps after this experience. I was not asked many technical questions or anything about my previous experience. I don't know what was wrong with this interviewer or if any other interviewer was shadowing him, but I also found him giggling and talking while I was answering his questions. If they did not find my skills aligned to the position during the interview or if they already found another candidate for this position, there was a dignified and decent way of letting me know about it. I found an amazing opportunity with a company larger than Intel and I am very happy at my current position.