Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, talked for 5 minutes about general stuff... my interests, what the position is about, the group at Intel. A week later I was notified that they would like me for an on-site interview in a week. At the on-site interview I met with 7 people during one morning... 8am-12pm.

This being a Software Engineering position I expected at least some technical questions, but I received none! The only technical question was one casual "can you code?". To which I replied yes of course. Every interviewer asked me what I did for my PhD and we generally talked about my work. It seems that the most important thing for them was to determine whether I'll be a good fit with my vision, interests and prior experience. I would say personality is definitely another thing they look for even though you may not notice it.

People in this group seemed pretty young and open minded... especially the group leader (boss). The position in itself wasn't really the "code in the trenches" kind and it has quite a bit of flexibility and requires creativity and novel approaches. Perhaps that's why they were more interested in the vision and interests than coding.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit to this group?   Answer Question
  • Questions about my PhD work where I had to justify my decisions. They were difficult because the questions were coming from a different perspective than I would typically meet in academia.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although they couldn't up-front the relocation expenses, they did offer a hiring bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a very positive experience. The interviewers were familiar with my resume. They asked me to talk about some of my prior projects. There were some simple clarifying questions about my role. They told me about their work and asked in some cases how would I do certain things at a high level. Their was one unpleasant interviewer from a different group who was basically accusing me of lying on my resume. I politely stood my ground and I assumed correctly that probably people don not take his opinion seriously.

Interview Questions

• Describe my prior projects mostly and probing some details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Negotiation

Nothing.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked me to talk about my previous work experience and the relevant coursework. I was also asked some basic technical questions related to C++. After this i was called for an onsite interview which had two rounds. One was technical where i was asked questions related to Embedded Systems and Operating Systems.After this it was similar to a HR round where I was supposed to answer how I reacted to various situations at my previous work place.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Mutex and Semaphore...What is a Spin lock ? ....When would you use each of these? ..Difference between Structure and Union...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I received an email from my department asking me to send my resume to a Software Engineer position at Intel. I sent my resume and after about a month, I was contacted directly by a Team lead from the Power Management group at Intel. They asked me my preferred date and time for the phone interview and I scheduled it a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process include an initial interview and one day on-site. For the on-site you will have 4~5 technical interviews, and having lunch with the prospect manager.

Interview Questions

• I am asked to print out all the possible letter combinations on telephone pad when you punch in a 7-digit number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed that the process moved so fast. No delays. The whole process took a fraction of the time it would take at other big companies. Had two rounds of phone interviews then was called onsite. At the onsite interview I had 7 rounds of interviews, one hour each. The first was with senior manager and focused on behavioral, goals questions and then basic questions from what I had written on my resume. The next 5 were technical. I was tested on C, Java because that was what I said I was most comfortable with. Questions ranged from knowledge of the language e.g questions about how the garbage collector in java works, to coding questions on trees, pointers, recursion, string manipulation, arrays etc. Some interviewers also asked computer architecture questions e.g. caches, superscalar processor design etc... The last meeting was with project manager. Asked few questions concerning whether I liked group members and projects being worked on.

All in all the interviewers were very focused, professional, bright and helpful. It felt more like an interesting intellectual conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

it is a nice experience. first round was phone interview, and invited to be onsite. Talked to 5 people in 4 hours. They are patience and provided clear explaination for questions. It was white boarding coding. computer basic questions, algorithms and data structure

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a series of interviews. first was phone screening. then in person. then another in person. Just a series of in persons until you talk to the HR for comp package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume on Intel Jobs site
    Received prescreening phone call from Engineering Manager
    Phone interviews, one hour each with the Project Manager and the Software Director
    One hour in person interview with the Project Manager