Intel Corporation Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview

It's a phone interview of 4 people (including me). People are very nice. Asked a lot of things in my CV. Then asked what's the most difficult problem I met and how I solved it. Also memory management, OOP. Also problems about teamwork.

Interview Questions

• how to test your program to make sure these's no memory leak   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got a mail directly from the project manager saying that there is a position open on his team as a software engineer intern and would like to interview me for the same. In the interview he asked me questions related to C programming, object oriented programming and RTOS. I felt the question were very specific and closely related to the position.

Interview Questions

• It was a telephonic interview and he asked me to write a small code and read it. The programming question was how will you identify whether a system is little endian or big endian? write a code for that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

3 interviews back-to-back, each about hour long. One General/Technical interview by manager, followed by technical interview and then HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

I received an email to set a time for a 2 hour long interview. After that was set, I received an email listing all 4 interviewers (30 minutes each, with really no breaks) along with their assigned time slots.
    The first interviewer explains where I would be assigned, and what I would be doing in the program. And then she browses through the resume and asks about my skills briefly and experiences.
    The second interviewer is a little more technical and is an actual programmer of the team. I believe there are more behavior-like questions, too.
    The third and four programmers ask about my skills in the resume and throw in lots of technical questions.

More questions that didn't fit in the questions section:
    -SQL: What types or columns would you apply the index to?
    -What's a sealed class? One that cannot be inherited.
    -Give me 3 test cases to test a function that has a try/catch block.
    - XML: Are the tags case sensitive? Yes
    -C#: Difference between property and field. When should we use property over field? To gain controlled access.
    -C#: What's a fully qualified filename? Absolute filename.
    -C#: What are the 2 reserved words for parameters? out and ref
    -C#: What's the attribute you use for web services?
    -C#: What are extension methods?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Very brief over the phone interview. No technical questions,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online through UT career services. Got a call from an interviewer about a month later. Set up a phone interview which took about an hour, starting with a short briefing of the company and expectations, followed by basic EE concepts and programming concepts.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a FlipFlop and a latch?   2 Answers
    • What factors result in multithreading becoming inefficient?   Answer Question