Intel Corporation Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.2

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Received some emails to schedule an online interview after I said I couldn't make an in person one. Opened with a few programming questions followed by a couple circuit questions. Then asked some simple behavioral at the end. The interviewer seemed very condescending and I thought I wouldn't want to work with someone like this throughout the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• What does this circuit do? (Contained diodes, a bunch of components)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Very unprofessional hiring manager interview. With out going into details the hiring manager doesn't respond to emails on timely fashion, wonders about my availability to speak at 11 PM EST. It could be that he/she is very busy but that time is just unprofessional. Recruiter was nice and upfront about certain benefits. I was declined in the process but I wasn't even offered a feedback. They falsely advertise locations to get candidates interested but present only one location during the interview (this is flat out wrong). I get it Intel is a big employer that many people want to work at but with this type of recruiting process they will not attract good talent especially in this tight labor market. I was so turned off that I would have not accepted an opportunity to work there even if I were to be selected.

Interview Questions

• Typical Technical Systems Engineering questions.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

3 interviews, plus lunch 3 interviews after lunch 2 interview with hiring manager 2 interview ith partners 1 interview with HR 1 interview with department next door
    1 interview with future boss

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

in person with panel. most situation and personality question. some logic problem solving but nothing complicated. some programming question and linux concepts. The interviewers were nice and welcoming. They explained the type of work and encouraged me to ask questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview. One week later invited for an onsite interview from 9.00am to 4.00pm and talked with around 7 people. The team was very nice and explained the position and its requirements in detail. The questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain space time block codes, ergodic capacity, MMSE, ZF detection, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Hired from college as intern. Converted after Internship.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was asked about hardware and embedded experience, I was given some logical scenarios and had to show my skills with logical to physical I/O.

Interview Questions

• Diagram a logical to physical tape backup system.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, salary offered was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on Intel website. Was called by hiring manager for a brief interview to know the interests. Followed up a few days later with a more detailed interview with questions from behavioral to past experiences to technical. On site interview 2 weeks later where the team went over technical i.e. C/C++/UML/OOPS/Hardware etc. Got offer but rejected due to the package.

Interview Questions

• What do u know about virtual Memory and how do u implement it.   2 Answers

Package not competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with 6 different people all of which would be future teammates. These people met with me one after the other. As one interview finished the next person walked in. The interview was in person. I was flown out to the interview job site and catered the entire time. Hotel was paid for. Car was paid for. All of the works.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a friend doing something illegal?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager phone screen, on-site interview arranged for 2 weeks later, all day interview session with hiring manager, peer team members, and cross discipline functions. Mix of technical questions and behavioral questions. Friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Most fun question: design a state machine for a vending machine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes - able to negotiate salary and start date.