Intel Corporation Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview. One week later invited for an onsite interview from 9.00am to 4.00pm and talked with around 7 people. The team was very nice and explained the position and its requirements in detail. The questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain space time block codes, ergodic capacity, MMSE, ZF detection, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Hired from college as intern. Converted after Internship.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was asked about hardware and embedded experience, I was given some logical scenarios and had to show my skills with logical to physical I/O.

Interview Questions

• Diagram a logical to physical tape backup system.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, salary offered was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on Intel website. Was called by hiring manager for a brief interview to know the interests. Followed up a few days later with a more detailed interview with questions from behavioral to past experiences to technical. On site interview 2 weeks later where the team went over technical i.e. C/C++/UML/OOPS/Hardware etc. Got offer but rejected due to the package.

Interview Questions

• What do u know about virtual Memory and how do u implement it.   1 Answer

Package not competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with 6 different people all of which would be future teammates. These people met with me one after the other. As one interview finished the next person walked in. The interview was in person. I was flown out to the interview job site and catered the entire time. Hotel was paid for. Car was paid for. All of the works.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a friend doing something illegal?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager phone screen, on-site interview arranged for 2 weeks later, all day interview session with hiring manager, peer team members, and cross discipline functions. Mix of technical questions and behavioral questions. Friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Most fun question: design a state machine for a vending machine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes - able to negotiate salary and start date.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I interned here while pursuing my Master's study. Internship was for 3 months and was given the task to design several perl based tools. I excelled at those and was directly given a full time position after graduation... My internship was my interview!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was too excited to negotiate!

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a dayl ong Face to Face interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Coimbatore (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It had multiple rounds , depending on your skills and their requirements. There were various panels , followed by HR round , HR round included behavioural questions like what mistakes have you done in life and STAR questions. Technical rounds were based on your area of interest and ptoject was asked in detail.

Interview Questions

• Why does amazon have no down time ?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chennai (India)).

Interview

College hiring . three rounds. not hands on development in the rounds. They check your ethical values and look for a mindset to learn and be a team player. They are usually calm and do not have stress interviews especially at college level