Intel Corporation Systems Validation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Systems Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Columbia, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

Intel got in touch with me through email after they had seen my resume which I gave them through a career fair. I later sent them an updated resume and filled out a questionnaire they gave me. This led to an initial phone screening the week later. The same week they setup an onsite interview for me and asked me to fill out an application online. The interview was setup for the week after, and they booked a hotel room for me for two nights. The interview consisted of several one on one interviews, along with a tour and lunch. It basically lasted for the whole workday. Technical questions were asked throughout the interviews: a circuits problem, conversion from hexadecimal to binary, logic truth tables, and a brain teaser. Knowledge of using specific equipment was also asked. One interview was more behavior based. Overall I enjoyed my time meeting with the people there and learning about what they do. They were very hospitable.

Interview Questions

• Conversion from hexadecimal to binary.
    The brain teaser: You have two cups, one that can hold up to 5 quartz of water and the other 3 quartz. Get me to 4 quartz of water.
    2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

The intel interview process usually starts with a phone-screen, where you are asked basic computer architecture questions and your thoughts on how to test the functions of a piece of silicon.
    For example, how would you test an ALU?
    After a positive phone interview, you will likely be flown on-site to the location where you will be working.
    The interview typically lasts 4-6hrs including lunch. You will be interviewed by 4-5 people, and will get to casually chat with the people you eat lunch with.
    Typically your interview will consist of the following topics:

Introduction / Tell me about yourself
    Computer Architecture / Intel System Architecture
    Software
    Behavioral

The interviewers at Intel aren't looking that you get every answer right, they are looking to see if you can learn, are willing to learn, and what your attitude towards other people are.
    The office environment really depends on the teams that you join in to.
    One team may be very interactive - people dropping into your cube and chatting, or completely hands off, where everyone emails or IMs you or leaves you to your own devices.

As a System Validation Engineer you're expected to get the job done, your time is flexible and granted, as long as you meet your deliverables.

Interview Questions

• During the behavioral portion of an interview, I was asked how would I deal with a room-mate who didn't pay rent on time, or stopped paying rent altogether?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer letter is delivered. Room for negotiation is there in the base salary, and I advise to negotiate hard up front, as the raise/promotion period in April may not yield satisfactory results even if you have been working really hard that year.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview..It was very organised..There were 2 sections..Computer Science and Computer Hardware..I did the Computer Hardware section well but could not answer the other section as it was not my field..I was asked questions in Java and on C

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

First, apply online for a million jobs
    Second, get maybe one phone call for a job you kindof wanted, they ask a few questions and if all goes well you get another call about an onsite.
    Third, they will pay you go fly out there, I didn't have to since I lived close by, they do the round robin 1:1 interviews for about 5 hours
    Fourth, you email them every two weeks until they finally tell you that someone else got the job two weeks ago.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 pennies, 7 weight the same, one weighs less. you also have a judges scale. Find the one that weighs less in less than 3 steps.   13 Answers

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa (Israel)) in March 2015.

Interview

interview started by personal questions, what i did in the past , and why i choose computer science to learn. they explained about the position and what they do exactly, then they asked me a two technical questions. they asked me about my previous job, what i did , and what role was, as well as they asked about previous project

Interview Questions

• to count the number of "1" in all numbers from 1 to 1000.   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2011.

Interview

I went for a walk in interview, I just have one round of interview, approximately 1 hour. The interviewer is the hiring manager, and she was very kind and very patience in listening. After 3 weeks, I received a call from HR and discuss about the offer. Nevertheless, I need to give a "yes" or "no" within a day.

Interview Questions

• Quite a number of computer architecture questions, IA questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took 4 weeks. Hiring and interview process: HR scheduled a phone interview with Hiring manager. Then got a call from HR for a scheduled on-site interview. On-site, interviewed by 5 people using behavioral questions and discuss job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions Situation-Action-Result Hiring manager asked me to put the answers in the above format for each of the questions. He asked me to give an example where your opinion was different from other team members - describe the situation, what was your solution, how was it different from the solution that majority suggested, how you put your idea on the table, what was the result. He asked me to tell him about some previous experiences (can be from work, education or life) where you have to react quickly. What were the results?
      Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

New Grad Hire : A hiring manager got in contact with me about my resume in November/Early December. Around February/March I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Interview questions on the phone interview were pretty basic. After passing the phone interview, I was offered an on-site interview. Intel paid for all expenses, I opted not to fly since I lived a few hours drive away The onsite interview was grueling, 9 to 4 or so, back to back 1 hour 1:1 interviews with a lunch with a manager and employee. Some technical, some brain teasers, some behavioral, some conversational. I think the general purpose of the interview is to see how you think and learn -- be sure to think out loud as much as possible. There were repeat questions, I think this was to see if you retained information if you got help earlier on with a question. I got everyone's email who interviewed with me that day from the hiring manger, and sent them all a quick personalized email about what we talked about in the interviews and thanked them for the time -- no idea if it helped my chances, but did it because I genuinely liked talking with the engineers there. I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Phone Screen:
      - When and how do you define a global in C?
      - How many hex digits in a byte?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

interview process three weeks. first round was phone interview. after one week they called for on-site interview. they asked pretty much basic questions. it had 6 interviews with different members of the team. they asked about projects and little bit of PERL coding and C++. They gave me the offer letter one week after on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about CMOS, Noise Margin, PERL regular expressions.   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Divide by 2 frequency circuit ? Mux using nand gates only !
    1)logic design 2) computer architecture 3) validation 4) software
    More question to teset how well you understand the circuit from system level ,Buses , inter connect

Interview Questions

• How is os behavioral simulate in Pre silicon verification ?
      How would Debug and verify your USB ?
      FSM machine for Traffic light controller for 4 way road !
      Answer Question