Intel Corporation Systems Validation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Systems Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

A decent interview procedure. I was asked certain technical questions and some usual interview questions. There is a follow up on my resume as well. The phone interview lasts for about 20 minutes. Started with the usual "tell me about yourself" and the proceed to the technical part. The technical part is kinda hard and therefore, its better to prepare a lot beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a manager that dislikes you at work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA).

Interview

Phone interview had part HR and part technical questions. Technical part had both programming as well as Hardware related questions but these were only to judge the area of expertise. On site had 6 rounds of 1 hour each including one complete HR and a group lunch interview. One round on computer architecture, one on hardware components, one programming, one OS concepts. Some had logic and HR questions towards the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

First, apply online for a million jobs
    Second, get maybe one phone call for a job you kindof wanted, they ask a few questions and if all goes well you get another call about an onsite.
    Third, they will pay you go fly out there, I didn't have to since I lived close by, they do the round robin 1:1 interviews for about 5 hours
    Fourth, you email them every two weeks until they finally tell you that someone else got the job two weeks ago.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 pennies, 7 weight the same, one weighs less. you also have a judges scale. Find the one that weighs less in less than 3 steps.   13 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

The intel interview process usually starts with a phone-screen, where you are asked basic computer architecture questions and your thoughts on how to test the functions of a piece of silicon.
    For example, how would you test an ALU?
    After a positive phone interview, you will likely be flown on-site to the location where you will be working.
    The interview typically lasts 4-6hrs including lunch. You will be interviewed by 4-5 people, and will get to casually chat with the people you eat lunch with.
    Typically your interview will consist of the following topics:

Introduction / Tell me about yourself
    Computer Architecture / Intel System Architecture
    Software
    Behavioral

The interviewers at Intel aren't looking that you get every answer right, they are looking to see if you can learn, are willing to learn, and what your attitude towards other people are.
    The office environment really depends on the teams that you join in to.
    One team may be very interactive - people dropping into your cube and chatting, or completely hands off, where everyone emails or IMs you or leaves you to your own devices.

As a System Validation Engineer you're expected to get the job done, your time is flexible and granted, as long as you meet your deliverables.

Interview Questions

• During the behavioral portion of an interview, I was asked how would I deal with a room-mate who didn't pay rent on time, or stopped paying rent altogether?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer letter is delivered. Room for negotiation is there in the base salary, and I advise to negotiate hard up front, as the raise/promotion period in April may not yield satisfactory results even if you have been working really hard that year.

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa (Israel)) in March 2015.

Interview

interview started by personal questions, what i did in the past , and why i choose computer science to learn. they explained about the position and what they do exactly, then they asked me a two technical questions. they asked me about my previous job, what i did , and what role was, as well as they asked about previous project

Interview Questions

• to count the number of "1" in all numbers from 1 to 1000.   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took a few weeks fro them to get back to me. Once the hiring mannager contacted me the process was very quick and pleasant. Phone screening call, 2 onsite interviews - one with the hiring manager and then with various team members. Both interview were technical and informal.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function to swap two variables   1 Answer

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2012.

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview..It was very organised..There were 2 sections..Computer Science and Computer Hardware..I did the Computer Hardware section well but could not answer the other section as it was not my field..I was asked questions in Java and on C

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2011.

Interview

I went for a walk in interview, I just have one round of interview, approximately 1 hour. The interviewer is the hiring manager, and she was very kind and very patience in listening. After 3 weeks, I received a call from HR and discuss about the offer. Nevertheless, I need to give a "yes" or "no" within a day.

Interview Questions

• Quite a number of computer architecture questions, IA questions.   Answer Question

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

it was a pretty relaxed interview process. I was asked certain analytical questions and then questions on things I had indicated as my strong points in my resume. Thereafter there was a quick communication on the phone with another person and i was extended the offer