Intel Corporation Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Technician Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Henderson, NV).

Interview

Behavioral interview for the first round. Technical interview for the second round. Both interviews were in-person and with two interviewers. Behavioral questions focused on safety while technical questions focused on items learned in school that are never actually used on the job at Intel. Electronic, mechanical, and chemical questions were asked in the technical interview although no knowledge of any of them are required for the job.

Interview Questions

• Fill out the periodic table.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. Offer was take it or leave it with 5 days to decide.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Norfolk, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hired through military hiring initiative, considering technical military background interview was easy, relaxed interview - was really more of a conversation.

The process took about 3 weeks, I interviewed one day, a few days later I heard Intel was interested, about a week or so later HR called randomly (unplanned timing) and made the offer. The offer discussion lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There are probably 50 questions generally received for this role, at the entry level. Each of them having something to do with safety, electronics, electricity, fluid systems, or plumbing. At the non-entry level, the questions drill down more into actual tool experience or even process experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was advised I could negotiate, but getting on-boarded was much more important than fighting over what would amount to another $1-3/hr.

There are plenty of folks who have negotiated, and hiring managers or HR have moved on.

I would advise against negotiating; Unless either you don't care if you don't hear back, or if you have some special skill (not the case with entry level roles).

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone call interview, i am called for on site interview

Interview Questions

• name analysis tools you have experice with?   1 Answer
    • do have exprerince in device physics   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in DuPont, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (DuPont, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Called for job intervieew and was asked to explain my background. Explained my background with mechancial testing and basic electronics. Talked with 3 different members of the team that asked various questions about testing and validation. Talked with the manager for some time and had lunch with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Here is what we are offering and I countered and was accepted

Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2011.

Interview

About a week after submitting applications on the Intel website I was contacted by a recruiter and began the interview process. Initially I was asked to complete a questionnaire, clarify some things on my resume and was told that if I met the job requirements then I might be contacted by a hiring manager. After about one week a hiring manager contacted me with some specifics about the job and asked if I was still interested. I reaffirmed my interest and was asked to have a phone interview with another manager.

The phone interview consisted of a basic battery of behavioral questions as well as a handful of rudimentary science and technology questions. The interviewer was very kind and willing to answer any questions about the position. The phone interview lasted no more than half an hour and I was invited in for a group interview at a time of my choosing within the next week or two.

The group interview took much longer than the phone interview but they were very similar in nature. The panel wanted very detailed and relevant answers to all the situational questions. They asked follow up several questions when they were unsatisfied with any of my answers. The panel will also asked me to go over my resume and answer some questions about it. You must be able to speak to the claims that you've made in your resume and application. They have a long list of questions, broken down into sections, that they will ask after the resume review. About 1/2 of the interview involves basic application of math, chemistry, electronics, physics, critical thinking and logic problem skills. It is important to show the thought process behind one's answers and be ready for follow up questions to justify any steps taken. Near the tail end of the interview I talked with each of the panel members individually, mostly to clarify on things discussed earlier. After the one on one talks, all of the interviewers talked to each other in the hallway, came back in and said I would be contacted with an offer in a few weeks.

The interviewers themselves were very kind, relaxed and conversational about the whole interview process. The only unnerving thing about the interview was that all of the interviewers took detailed notes about almost everything said during the discussion.

To sum it all up: If you have are comfortable with intro-level university math, chemistry, physics and electronics material then you should be fine with the lengthy applied section. You should have many examples of varied life/cultural experience because they will ask several situational questions and it is bad form to use the same answer more than once. If you have any teamwork or laboratory experience then be sure to mention it because they seemed to like that. ALWAYS give a follow up call or email to thank your interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What is the most efficient way to troubleshoot this system when shuts down unexpectedly?   1 Answer
    • Looking at this data set what can you tell us about the situation it represents?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is not possible, however the staffing people who determine your pay are just as kind, helpful and willing to answer questions as everyone else.