Intel Corporation Validation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Was met by a recruiter on campus. Had a 30 minute interview on the spot. He was super friendly and personable. He then followed up a few days later to set up an on site interview. The total process took 6 hours. There were not a lot of behavioral questions. 95% technical. 20% of the questions were about my previous work. The rest was testing my Circuit design skills. It was a pretty fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Memory Questions- Cache, SRAM, DRAM, Disk Drives
    Logic Gates- Adders Flip Flops, Static Timing Analysis
    Programming- Verilog , C
    Testing- Designing Verification Framework, modules.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiters through college career fair, after 2 weeks got an email to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted an hour over the phone. The interviewer asked about my knowledge with Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers. Asked about senior design project and some of the research I have done in grad school.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past research and classes. Nothing too technical.   1 Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

I met them at a career fair at my college, and about a month later, they emailed me offering an interview. It lasted about 45 minutes and had a lot to do with computer hardware: caches, logic gates, stacks, pipelining, you name it. They also had basic coding, circuits and algorithms questions, and they contacted me within the next week offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• If I had a 32 input logic gate, how would I test it's output efficiently?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They gave me a week to accept. They called me offering the details, and emailed me too. They're pretty responsive, although at times not so accomodating of things like commuting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a campus career fair. He asked broad questions like "why do you want to be an engineer?" just to get to know my personality. He was very friendly and wanted me to succeed. A few days later, there was a phone interview. The questions weren't supposed to be difficult, but they focused more on embedded design. (My studies focused on analog circuits). I thought I did pretty poorly, and the interviewer said that I wasn't proceeding in the interview process, but about 3 weeks later they flew me down to Arizona for an on-site interview.

The process was 5 one-on-one, hour long interviews. Each person asked about something different (one for behavioral, one for programming skills, one for digital logic, etc.). I had to use the whiteboard often to draw schematics or show my ideas and my thought process. I got along well with most of the interviewers but I think the actual hiring manager didn't like me. Recieved an email a few days later saying that I did not get the job.

I pointed out my lack of digital experience several times, but I'm surprised I still made it that far through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given this circuit, how can you redesign it to use fewer logic gates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Four parts:
    1. one about verilog coding, reading and tell what the code is about, and fix codes
    2. one about computer architecture, the traditional pipeline processor
    3. one about algorithms, how would you speed up a file I/O and processing?
    4. one about virtual memory and exception handling

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Whole interview process took four weeks. First round was phone interview, After one week they called me on-site and they announced the result after two weeks.

Inteview was pretty much easy. Group panel interview was the hardest part.

Interview Questions

• Perl, C++ questions mainly and also basics of Nmos and Pmos.   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Short discussion about the department, few questions about the resumse and about myself and we moved to the technical questions. about 2-3 questions. Not too difficult if you are ready for it. The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• technical software and bits questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hudson, MA).

Interview

Applied Online, heard back from them in a week, phone interview was not that difficult, did not hear anything back for a month after the phone interview then I was contacted for an on-site interview where I met with 5 engineers 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• State Machines, Timing Constraints, Object Oriented Programming, Adder Logic Gates, Debugging Code, OVM UVM   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview is purely technical but easy if you know everything you have mentioned in your resume.For internship they normally have one phone interview. Mine went upto 40 minutes .They first reviewed my resume asked basic questions and then the manager asked lot of technical questions from computer architecture to scripting

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview about previous experience, previous projects and achievements, questions about problem solving logic, software tools used, debugging strategy, software development experience, software testing experience, software automation experience, Linux graphics experience, Android experience

Interview Questions

• previous experience, technical questions about tools like git, also about scripting languages   Answer Question