Intel Corporation Validation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

I met them at a career fair at my college, and about a month later, they emailed me offering an interview. It lasted about 45 minutes and had a lot to do with computer hardware: caches, logic gates, stacks, pipelining, you name it. They also had basic coding, circuits and algorithms questions, and they contacted me within the next week offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• If I had a 32 input logic gate, how would I test it's output efficiently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a week to accept. They called me offering the details, and emailed me too. They're pretty responsive, although at times not so accomodating of things like commuting.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Was met by a recruiter on campus. Had a 30 minute interview on the spot. He was super friendly and personable. He then followed up a few days later to set up an on site interview. The total process took 6 hours. There were not a lot of behavioral questions. 95% technical. 20% of the questions were about my previous work. The rest was testing my Circuit design skills. It was a pretty fun experience.

Interview Questions

• Memory Questions- Cache, SRAM, DRAM, Disk Drives
      Logic Gates- Adders Flip Flops, Static Timing Analysis
      Programming- Verilog , C
      Testing- Designing Verification Framework, modules.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiters through college career fair, after 2 weeks got an email to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted an hour over the phone. The interviewer asked about my knowledge with Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers. Asked about senior design project and some of the research I have done in grad school.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past research and classes. Nothing too technical.   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Whole interview process took four weeks. First round was phone interview, After one week they called me on-site and they announced the result after two weeks.

Inteview was pretty much easy. Group panel interview was the hardest part.

Interview Questions

• Perl, C++ questions mainly and also basics of Nmos and Pmos.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview is purely technical but easy if you know everything you have mentioned in your resume.For internship they normally have one phone interview. Mine went upto 40 minutes .They first reviewed my resume asked basic questions and then the manager asked lot of technical questions from computer architecture to scripting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Four parts:
    1. one about verilog coding, reading and tell what the code is about, and fix codes
    2. one about computer architecture, the traditional pipeline processor
    3. one about algorithms, how would you speed up a file I/O and processing?
    4. one about virtual memory and exception handling

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

there were 3 rounds, first round was resume scan totally asking about things in my resume, 2nd was c++ and computer architecture questions last round was coding round where they gave to code a game and 1 day time

Interview Questions

• coding question in verilog: write a code for the game rock paper scissors   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview about previous experience, previous projects and achievements, questions about problem solving logic, software tools used, debugging strategy, software development experience, software testing experience, software automation experience, Linux graphics experience, Android experience

Interview Questions

• previous experience, technical questions about tools like git, also about scripting languages   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I received an email indicating I was to have an on-site interview. I was flown to the facility. The interview consisted of architectural, software, behavioral, and debug questions. The questions were relatively easy consisting of basics taught in your computer architecture and computer science classes. Some specific questions regarding Intel architecture were asked. The interviews were back-to-back with a one hour break for lunch.

Definitely a long, intensive, and exhausting interview process. If you know your stuff and are a good communicator it should not be a big problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Was interviewed by over half a dozen folks over the course of a day. Almost all questions were technical and delivered by senior technical staff. For example - draw a system diagram (HW & SW stacks), label the components (CPU, southbridge, IRP, IRQL, DPC), answer questions regarding their function (MMIO, paging, interrupt handling, DMA, cache coherency, snooping, IRP & IRQL handling) starting general and progressing as deep as you are able. Some were fishing -- looking for specific answers to specific questions -- rather than asking open ended questions that might allow you open-up and shine.

Hints of behavioral questions mixed into 1 or 2 casual questions. None of the point blank "tell me about a time" questions. Two interviews by managers. One was the reporting manager asking what I was good at, liked to do, and where I saw myself going. Was very open and understanding towards growth and change, that I could use the position as an opportunity to springboard into other positions when things got stale. The other manager was a director who got straight to the point: compensation, availability, response turnaround time.

Impressions: It seemed that people were wound tightly and schedules were very aggressive. Business-like, to the point, only type-A personalities need apply.

Interview Questions

• What are the APICs, where are they, and how do they function.   Answer Question

I was intrigued, but I found a better match with another company.