Intel Corporation Validation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was the standard interview process for a technical possition. 1 non-technical meeting and about 4 to 5 technical interviews. Intel was very quick to make a decision and make an offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

Was interviewed by over half a dozen folks over the course of a day. Almost all questions were technical and delivered by senior technical staff. For example - draw a system diagram (HW & SW stacks), label the components (CPU, southbridge, IRP, IRQL, DPC), answer questions regarding their function (MMIO, paging, interrupt handling, DMA, cache coherency, snooping, IRP & IRQL handling) starting general and progressing as deep as you are able. Some were fishing -- looking for specific answers to specific questions -- rather than asking open ended questions that might allow you open-up and shine.

Hints of behavioral questions mixed into 1 or 2 casual questions. None of the point blank "tell me about a time" questions. Two interviews by managers. One was the reporting manager asking what I was good at, liked to do, and where I saw myself going. Was very open and understanding towards growth and change, that I could use the position as an opportunity to springboard into other positions when things got stale. The other manager was a director who got straight to the point: compensation, availability, response turnaround time.

Impressions: It seemed that people were wound tightly and schedules were very aggressive. Business-like, to the point, only type-A personalities need apply.

Interview Questions

• What are the APICs, where are they, and how do they function.   Answer Question

I was intrigued, but I found a better match with another company.

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I received an email indicating I was to have an on-site interview. I was flown to the facility. The interview consisted of architectural, software, behavioral, and debug questions. The questions were relatively easy consisting of basics taught in your computer architecture and computer science classes. Some specific questions regarding Intel architecture were asked. The interviews were back-to-back with a one hour break for lunch.

Definitely a long, intensive, and exhausting interview process. If you know your stuff and are a good communicator it should not be a big problem.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Ithaca, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

There was a behavioral and technical interview which were both about 45 minutes long. The behavioral interview also included some logic questions that you had to work through. The technical interview is based on the type of internship that you are applying for and will vary.

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Execution of written test plans and procedures in post-si environment Define module interfaces/formats for simulation.
    Identify and collect pertinent debug data to assist both hardware and software development teams.

Interview Questions

• f you're passionate about computer graphics and working with leading graphics engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then our Visual Technologies Team VTT has opportunities for you. In VTT, we are passionate about delivering Best-in-Class visual experiences that enable users to immerse themselves in a new visual future. Our group is focused on developing the best in class graphics technology that will be part of all Intel major product lines. We are looking for engineers in post-silicon validation team responsible for validation and sign-off of the Graphics IP cores.

In this role you will get exposure to all the phases of the product development, from learning the specs and the design, defining environment and test plan, implementing the environment, run & debug simulations and Post silicon enabling & debug. As a Graphics Hardware Validation Intern at Intel, you will be responsible for development/implementation and execution of coverage tools used for post-silicon validation of graphics projects.   1 Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Interview

Called to set meeting. Asked me about my studies, what I wanted to learn, if I planned to continue studies or not. I thought the interview was about software, MATLAB. Ended being about hardware

Interview Questions

• Design circuit which outputs 1 if input is dividable by 7   1 Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

it was a onsite interview. i was interviewed by 5 people in the team. questions were pretty easy.
    it was mostly a open ended question. each person interviewed me for 15 minutes

Interview Questions

• one question was on kvl,waveform of a buck converter. noise analysis. was asked if i know python   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2016.

Interview

First phone interview then called on site
    Very casual process, replied within a week.
    Four rounds of interview on site, with different interviewers in each round
    Some behavioural and some technical questions
    Straight forward, no tricky questions

Interview Questions

• Past projects and experience, Why do you want to work for Intel?   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. They asked some questions about my resume and then some technical questions. Then, I got an email from HR a week or two later.

Interview Questions

• Q: There was a programming question about scripting. Although, it was not very hard and did not require to know any particular syntax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted for a day. I had a short phone screen and was invited to an onsite interview.
    4 Rounds of interview
    1. Presentation
    2. Python programming
    3. PCIe conceps
    4. RTL (delays, latch)
    Interview was not stressful.