Intelius Interview Questions in Bellevue, WA | Glassdoor

3.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intelius (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter about a job opportunity, asked a few questions and was able to get most of the answers but some of them very kind of vague, enough to continue to the phone interview. It was a bout an hour long and questions ranged from what I've done in the past and narrowed down to very specific knowledge areas such as SQL, OO, HTML/CSS and JavaScript. I would say it wasn't hard but some questions caught me off guard and you could tell the person on the other end knew his stuff and giving him a general answer would be a bad idea.

For in-house interview it was basically an all day affair w/ lunch provided. I was interviewed by several developers from various teams and disciplines. It was explained to me that there were several openings and the interview process is setup to see which one best matched my skills. The questions involved a white board and most of them were problem solving or pseudo code type questions involving PHP, MySQL, JavaScript and general OO knowledge.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I struggled with was a burning rope problem, not sure how it tested my programming skills, but it sure put me on the spot. and made me sweat it out. It goes something like this:

There are two ropes, each rope takes 1 hour to burn. But either rope has different densities at different points, so there’s no guarantee of consistency in the time it takes different sections within the rope to burn.

How do you use these two ropes to measure 45 minutes?   Answer Question

Another opportunity appealed to me more.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intelius (Bellevue, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

I simply posted my resume on Monster.com and I got tonnes of calls and emails from recruiters. There was this one recruiter who didn't even bother asking me to meet him at his office, he simply took my resume and submitted me to them. He soon got back to me and set a phone screen, which was pretty easy and not much technical questions were asked.

The in house interview was amazing though. I had interviews with two groups of developers (my hiring manager was in the first).. They were very technical but not too technical. Lots of ajax questions and jQuery questions. When I was done I met with the co-founder and he said that everything he heard was positive about me and that he cut the interview process short and offered me the job. I said I'll think about it. Even though I already had another job offer by the time I entered their office.. I eventually chose to pick them. I was thoroughly impressed by their interview process and their environment that it didn't take me long to accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• How can you make a forum on a youtube video page dynamically update posts made by other people   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intelius (Bellevue, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

Process went smooth. Phone interview for 30 minutes and then on site interview after a few days. I got the offer the same day.