Inter-American Development Bank Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Inter-American Development Bank

Negative100%
Applied online100%
2.0
HardAverageEasy
Found 1 candidate interview
Inter-American Development Bank
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in Mar 2020

Interview

Toxic Interviewer, Toxic interview Panel interview with one rude, unprofessional interviewer.  I've never experienced anything quite like it before. I was asked 4 accounting/ finance questions. If I speak Spanish and other questions. Then it was my time to ask questions. That's when the interview tone, and mood change. I asked several questions, but two questions hit a nerve with the Treasury and Risk Senior Specialist. Are you ready for the question 1. What type of training does the company offer to new hire to acclimate them to the company and procedures? 2. What separates someone who is adequate at this position from someone who is exceptional   The Treasury and Risk Senior Specialist stated that this was not an intern position, there is no finance and accounting training and they expected the person in this position to deliver from day one. Well pardon me Sir, The janitor to the CFO  at a new company, needs training. Do companies not offer training to new employees on their reports, systems, processes? I have 8 plus years of finance experience with 2 years at United Nations agencies, wherein my resume does it read I'm looking for an internship position and I need finance training. From the interview, one can tell how toxic this organization is. I withdrew from consideration, 30 minutes after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Do you speak Spanish
    Answer Question