Inter-American Development Bank Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Inter-American Development Bank Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.9

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied on the website, but would have not landed the job if it wasn't because I knew a person inside.
    The interview was a 3 person panel: a technical specialist, HR person, and another specialist from an unrelated area of expertise.

Interview Questions

• Technical skills
      "Why the IDB?"

The interview was bilingual (engl/spa)   Answer Question

Font Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very informal and subjective interview, in my opinion. Your success depends a lot on your networking skills and whether they like you. Of course, you do need a strong background in what the job is asking. Try to win over the interviewers and swear you want to change the world.

After the panel approves you, HR will contact you 2 or 3 references and ask them about you. Have them prepared for this call. Also, the IDB does not run any medical or drug tests at least at the consultant level.

Interview Questions

• Considering that you are overqualified, what are your future plans?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very good process, there were 5 people asking easy questions about my qualifications and what I expected of them, they told me everything about the job and put some cases and what would I do if one of them came up

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They called one month later and scheduled the interview for the next day. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 researchers. The interviewed were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

• First, they explained what they were looking for, then asked for a resume questions, and finally technical questions.   Answer Question

ITE/IPP Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The emphasis was on my professional experience more than my education background, which came as a great surprise. They willingly answered all the questions I had regarding the duties of the position and what they expected from the hired.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very friendly interview, not aggressive as other finance industries. It is oriented only to people with an international affairs background focused in Latin America and a little in the Caribbean. Must know someone inside the Bank - as anywhere else, but the process is up to the manager who can take 2 weeks to hire you or 3 months, depending on their budget/demand.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do for the region (Latam)?   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 4 researchers who explained first what they were looking for, then resume questions, and finally more technical questions. I also had a day to respond an assessment they sent after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was called from the government of a Latin American country to advise on expanding the government supported child care centers, what would be my recommendation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel with 3-5 staff, it was an internal position so may be different for external candidates. Prepare based on resume. Panel included reps from different departments so be familiar with the organization as a whole, not just the department that you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, resume specific questions   Answer Question

Investment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC).

Interview

While I did not do a telephone interview, I understand that often a preliminary telephone interview is conducted by human resources. In any case, the in-person interview was in front of a multi-disciplinary panel (1 human resources person, 2 business unit managers, 1 credit officer and 1 senior investment officer).

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked in multiple languages and ranged from standard HR questions (why do you want this job?) to technical questions (explain key risks that are inherent in wind and solar projects).   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

On-line application process that will lead to a phone-interview that will finally decide if you are hired. Dates may vary and according to each department needs interns are hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with legal documents?   1 Answer