InterContinental Hotels Group Director of Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InterContinental Hotels Group Director of Sales Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

they asked several probing questions about my background and what I achieved in each role with each company; what would my clients and bosses say about my contributions in previous work environments; what I hate the worst..... what I am worst at? said paperwork, of course, like any accomplished salesperson would; resume questions about contacting former employers and some questioning of why you worked here for a period of time; STAR interview process (5-6 questions)

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging sales situation at work and how you overcame it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Newark, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

Typical industry questions, interviewer was very clear, was a bit late for the phone interview. If yoiu are familiar with the hotel industry and have been in sales before, the interview is very easy. It was not very long. The interview was for a franchise property, the regional director from IHG was the interviewer after I met with the GM of the property. The regional was the final decision maker.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to increase sales in your first month?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

I did have to pay for my own transportation to go to out of state interview but they paid for my accommodations. I met with HR and the GM and I was offered the job the same day!

Interview Questions

• What could you bring to the table that another candidate could not?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Miami, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

A total of 6 interviews, 4 over the phone and 2 in person. Each interview lasted approximately 60 to 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple and short

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell is someone is smiling over the phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and to the point.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in September 2015.

Interview

it takes too long first Skype interview than other interview to GM with department head than i wait for long for the offer letter.

all process should takes two weeks no one will wait for months for a job

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2012.

Interview

very complicated, need HR officer, DHR, DOSM and GM, also owner

Interview Questions

• what do you think you can make our hotel more business?
      what do you think you can bring ex- experience and use here?
      Answer Question