InterContinental Hotels Group Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

1.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Anaheim, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer simply read from a handout of interview questions she had mainly situational and personality questions, and recorded all of my answers in her notebook, rarely made eye contact.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Arrived early. And was even able to interview early. Great Interview. Asked all the right questions ie what makes you the right candidate? what do you know about the company? salary requirement? The interview lasted about 45 min.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2016.

Interview

called on the phone and asked a lot of questions. also submit online application. very helpful people who interviewed great team and company. it isn't too hard if you have had experience in hospitality

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Detailed and catered specifically toward getting to know me and my career goals. Possibilities for different roles were explored that I had never thought of before. Very relaxed and natural. Great experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Lafayette, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

They called to set up an interview with me the day after I applied in person. The manager and front desk supervisor interviewed me together. They took turns asking questions. It was in a comfortable sitting area in the lobby. I was pretty well prepared for the interview and I wore a business professional outfit (dress pants and suit jacket). The interview only lasted about 10 min or so and was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why attracted you to this company?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer complaint?   2 Answers
    • Do you have any questions for us? (They really liked my questions.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Natchez, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Natchez, MS) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty typical background questions as well as job history, personality questions, and availability was also discussed. I thought it was pretty standard process. I have do complaints about my interview process

Interview Questions

• Do I have any Hospitality experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cheney, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Cheney, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Submit resume, received a call back, was asked to come in for an interview, and then received a call asking to come in for a working interview. Did the working interview for a few hours behind the desk learning some things, then was offered the position in the next few days.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very simple, they desperately needed help. They don't keep employees long. But the interview process was very easy, they just wanted to make sure that I at least had common sense. That was the only requirement.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Tampa, FL) in February 2010.

Interview

A friend recommended me. Interview process short and sweet and to the point. Offered me a job the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you'd be good for this job? Do you mind working nights and weekends? Are you flexible with the schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Chandler, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

1 interview with the Front Desk Manager followed by an interview with the Rooms Division Manager. They did a background check, drug test, and group orientation. The employer wanted to know about my education background as well as background in working in face-to-face customer service.

Interview Questions

• Without having any hotel experience, why would you choose a Crowne Plaza hotel as opposed to a Mariott?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little room to negotiate - there was room to gain an extra dollar per hour with experience and the right personality which would fit the present personnel.