InterContinental Hotels Group Guest Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InterContinental Hotels Group Guest Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

1.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Athens, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It touched on the skills that I brought to the table, with emphasis on customer service. The questions were phrased in such a way that you must answer them from a customer service standpoint

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Guest Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Walk-In
    Gave the Assistant Manager my resume, and they happened to be hiring. I had previous experience as GSR at the Ramada. They liked I had experience, interview was mainly about previous experience (probably to see how quickly they could get me trained). Got a call next day and wanted to hire me. Training was for 2 weeks. One week check-outs, next, check-ins. Very simple and easy operating system. If you pay VERY closely to details and client information it should be a breeze to you.

Interview Questions

• Funniest work experience... had to stay professional about it but still show personally.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most hotels now only pay $8.00/hr for front desk and you have a lot of responsibility, being manager on duty and always working by yourself, so you have to ask yourself is it really worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Tampa, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a very well-handled interview. The general manager was very nice and offered me the job right then. Of course, I did have to go through a background check and drug test. Not a problem at all. Smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to break the rules in order to make the guest happy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just ask for what you think you are worth.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2011.

Interview

If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
    Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

Guest Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2010.

Interview

Was so impressed with the FOM who interviewed me. He was very personable, professional and passionate about the hotel and his team.

Negotiation

Negotiate salary hard - they lowball everything.