InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2018

2.7

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

I had an interview with someone in HR who asked the basic HR type questions about why you're looking for a new job etc. I got called in for a face to face.

I met first with the social media manager and this was one of the worst interviews EVER. He was strictly by the book asking me questions that literally came from a sheet HR gave him and they were those questions that have no real answers like "where do you see yourself in 5 years", "what are your strengths?" I thought this was VERY odd for a position that is supposed to think outside the box. It was AWFUL.

Then I met with his boss who is VP of global marketing. That interview went fine. It was more casual and we actually talked about social.

Then I met with someone who is in the marketing group but not social at all. Her role (in fact she told me this) was to gauge how she thought I would fit in with the group.

I don't do well with the where do you see yourself in 5 years kind of questions and thought that overall, it was a lame thing to do for a social job.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was an open call interview process in two stages. I spoke with a human resource manager then was passed to the restaurant and General manager. We discussed my resume and basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How was you handle a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Casual and relaxed interview nearly no stress. the gm informed me that as long as i take.care of.guests and do the.night time audit paperwork i.can do watch movies all night

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in October 2011.

Interview

Fill out a walk in application. Someone will contact you for an interview. If they like you you will be called back to meet with Hr and go through the screening process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a guest that wants to check in with out any money?   Answer Question

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The manager at the time was very professional and extremely bright with a warm presence. Called me immediately as soon as I applied online and then we can a brief conversation over the phone. She wanted me to meet with her to have a one on one interview within the next few days. Once we meet in person, she explain the background of the company and as well as her experience with the spa industry. She further gave an explanation on her staff with how many therapist, treatment rooms and how the operations ran in the hotel. She did ask the basic questions but more so, give background information to make sure that it was a good fit for me as well.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences working with customers, sales and future goals with company.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied for the position, hear back about scheduling an interview a week later. The first interview was all behavioral. The second was half behavioral and half technical. Asking about different hotel revenue techniques and general M&A questions. Had to work out an excel data sheet to answer some questions. Pivot table was best method for solving this.

Strategy Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

the first round was a behavioral interview with the recruiter- generic personality and fit questions. Second round was a case interview with a senior manager from the team. He sent across excel data and slides and gave me 15 min to review the data and present my findings. The case was related to IHG's businesses and I was supposed to present recommendations regarding future expansion based on the data provided.
    Third round interview was a full day of 1x1s in atlanta with the strategy team and people outside the strategy team. There was heavy emphasis on why the hospitality sector and more business case questions

Interview Questions

• what are some of the issues hotel managers need to consider before becoming a franchise hotel of IHG?   Answer Question
    • how do intermediary companies such as hotwire impact IHG's business?   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Informal interview, hiring manager never responded to follow up emails or phone calls, when promised interviewee that he would.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

IHG is a terrific organization with a strong worldwide brand and nice employees.

However, their compensation is absolutely horrible.

For a role which infers former experience in a large consulting firm, IHG is willing to pay nearly ONE HALF of what these firms offer ($75,000 vs. $140,000).

As this company undergoes transformation from "old guard" to "new blood," they will have a hard time finding the best quality (qualifiied) individuals who are willing to work for a pittance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you performed NPV- and IRR-based valuations   Answer Question
    • What is your current compensation?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Dunwoody, GA).

Interview

Someone emailed me for an in-person interview. I met with the Director, it went well and pretty casual. I just described my past experience within the industry. After that, I had a 2nd "meeting" not so much of an interview with another person on the team. Both times, it was more casual

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work education and how it can benefit this role   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate - Worst thing that will happen is they will say no..