InterContinental Hotels Group Reservations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InterContinental Hotels Group Reservations Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Very easy, everyone was nice, but tests are time consuming. Applied online, went in for interview within two days. Be forewarned there will be an hour and a half worth of tests on the computer when you go in for the interview, but they are painless. First interview with hr, then tests, then with manager. Entire process took three hours but that was my experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you had to multitask and how did you prioritize?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Full out the long application and got an email for the next step assessments in like an hour. After you complete the long assessment it will tell you if you pass or fail.. If passed you will be able to set up an phone interview, which was very easy and then they will invite you to an in person interview where they will do an tour of the call center, ask you a series of questions and if you pass all of that they will have you do a role play. If you do good on the role play they will tell you if your hire or not.

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

very straight forward and informative and questions that center around working in a call center and job related questions. came in toured the call center seems like a very friendly and active place to work filled with diverse group of people who are eager to start the day... this is solely based on one day of a walk through.. after leaving i was told i'd receive an email after 48 hours i have yet to receive my email and when i call back up i keep getting the answering the machine with no call backs... i was also told that i start training next month but with no more information or context i guess i will have to find everything else out when i go back up there.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      what do you know about IHG?
      what could you possibly bring to the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

The Process is lengthy. You come in to take an Assessment which tests you listening/typing skills and then you do a interview with a manager and then "Role Play" a call with that same manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the IHG Brand?   1 Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later got an email asking me to schedule an interview. I went to the office at the appointed hour and waited a couple minutes before I was sent to talk to a nice lady about why I was applying. After I was asked to take a couple test on a computer followed by a mock call situation test on a computer. After I talked to a second interviewer and after answering more questions mostly about past experience I was asked to take a call from him to reserve him a room and then I was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

There's a brief interview with HR. Then, you go back and speak with a team manager. They have you do a role play call, where they give you information about a hotel, leave you for a few minutes, and call the desk you're sitting at. I was offered the position right off.
    There was no drug screen, but there is a background check.

Reservation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Initial assessment to determine familiarity with computers/ call center environment, as well as a personality assessment of sorts. Afterwards there is an interview with a team manager, and a role play for a call. The questions are fairly straight forward, relating to sales and communications. There is a background check after you have been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone tried your patience. What did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Very Clear Process.

Interview Questions

• Profile tests were difficult because they seemed backwards. There was a clear purpose, but it was unusual.   Answer Question

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online, about a week later they sent an email requesting me to call and schedule the interview. The first interview consists of some online assessments followed by a call center simulation and then the HR person will ask some preliminary questions. If you get through that, they will schedule you for the formal interview. This consists of about 20 minutes of standard questions such as why do you want to work here?, etc. followed by a role play as a reservations agent. I was offered the position immediately after the role play session. My understanding is that if they don't offer you the job at that time, they probably don't intend to.

Reservations Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

It was very easy. Went in and was immediately put on a computer for a skills test, and then sat for about 45 minutes waiting for HR manager. Then went in and interviewed with her, and then she put me back on the computer for a Reservation Simulations skills test. Then, she gave me a tour of the facility. Then, finally, asked to come back for second interview with TM.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time when you had to multi- task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really negotiable. $10/hr to start for 5wks of training and then $11 - 13.50/hr after training.