InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Century City, CA).

Interview

Longest interview ever! almost 3 hours and haven't even been called back. One of the executives looked very unfriendly and asks every single little detail about previous employer. I mean, if they didn't want to hire me, they shouldn't had made me lose my time for nothing. There's nowhere to park.

Interview Questions

• Everything was all about my past employer. Cool employer btw.   Answer Question

Brand Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is thorough. Behavioral questions coupled with panel interview really helps leaders identify the right person for the position.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Miami, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

A total of 6 interviews, 4 over the phone and 2 in person. Each interview lasted approximately 60 to 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple and short

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Chico, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

You will meet with the owner several times then meet with the General Manager
    It takes several interviews before you will get an answer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle upset guests
      Are you willing to work long hours after the normal 10 hours
      Make 30 cold calls a day   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its different for anyone depending on experience. You need to stand your ground and know your worth. He will want to pay very little money.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through a staffing agency (no surprise nowadays). After about a week I was contacted with a design challenge to redesign the site within a week. Already for one person this is a unicorn challenge but I see where they want to see design as a whole. Once announced a phone screening interview of only thirty minutes was given. This was in no way enough for me to present my solutions and ask questions. They wanted to know more of the design and not allow a chance to actual answer company questions that are important to a first interview. Afterwords they provided no feedback on any part of the presentation so you will have no bearing as to where you need to improve or focus.

Interview Questions

• What was your design process?   1 Answer

Hotel Standards Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Six phone and/or Skype interviews were conducted where objective questions were asked. During the final phase, a case study was given where I was asked to write an essay describing how I would resolve the situation.

Interview Questions

• Are you agreeable to the 90% travel that is required for this position?   1 Answer

Guest Relations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

They were very polite at the moments I thought they have plastic behaviour, like they read from manual what to ask... The asked about my strengths and weaknesses, about a situation when I had to be flexible, about a time when I had to deal with difficult guest, about a time when I did something special for a guest, what I did to improve the business, how did I handle a complaint, how do I react during stressful times, so basically it was more like STAR interview

Interview Questions

• How can you sell yourself, what qualities are your selling points?   Answer Question

Director of Corporate Resposibility Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in August 2014.

Interview

The initial phone screen was pleasant and straight forward. The next round was in the corporate office with the individual in the role and his supervisor. They could not have been ruder or more inhospitable. I was actually asked to get in the middle of the interview and step out so the individual interviewing me could take a phone call. At the beginning of the interview, I offered to reschedule because he seemed preoccupied and angry. There was a case study during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do your respond when an elected official acts inappropriately towards you?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with lead recruiter. Then scheduled for 30 minute in-person or phone interview for first rounds, chose in-person interview. Started with case study and progressed to experience and cultural fit questions. Interviewer was extremely professional and candid. They were an excellent representative for IHG. Interview ran long.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was one hour long, very professional and corporate as a certain set of questions had to be used. Covered past experience, as well as expectations of role available.