InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.7

Central Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

First I shown my paper presentation to the HR and CEO. Then after wards their is session with the CEO of cegonsoft. He checked my capabality and wheather I ll suitable for this position. He is the man like employ growth considered as company growth. Then HR asked for the formalities what i have to do.What is my role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Very easy, everyone was nice, but tests are time consuming. Applied online, went in for interview within two days. Be forewarned there will be an hour and a half worth of tests on the computer when you go in for the interview, but they are painless. First interview with hr, then tests, then with manager. Entire process took three hours but that was my experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you had to multitask and how did you prioritize?   Answer Question

FO Managemnt Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in March 2016.

Interview

Was very easy, didnt ask any questions, just informed me about internship detales. Dint ask me any questions like : why should we hire you, why you want to work with us. Interviewer english wasnt very good, so from time to time had to re-ask

Guest Relations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

They were very polite at the moments I thought they have plastic behaviour, like they read from manual what to ask... The asked about my strengths and weaknesses, about a situation when I had to be flexible, about a time when I had to deal with difficult guest, about a time when I did something special for a guest, what I did to improve the business, how did I handle a complaint, how do I react during stressful times, so basically it was more like STAR interview

Interview Questions

• How can you sell yourself, what qualities are your selling points?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Anaheim, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer simply read from a handout of interview questions she had mainly situational and personality questions, and recorded all of my answers in her notebook, rarely made eye contact.

F and B Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in May 2017.

Interview

Thanks
    Hiring is the major think in hospitality industry . Unexpected function are party are in hotel industry so we need some staff and equipment to handle the function .
    Interview are depenupon the Department 5he choose.

Interview Questions

• what is your shot time goal   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Straight forward no surprises, personality is key and an important part of the recruitment process.
    Will have an "informal chat" on the phone, why are you interested in the role, your relevant experience, your responses to questions.
    One or two interviews depending upon the role, again straight forward and most background can be easily found on the internet.
    They will seek to know the salary you are seeking, be careful as they tend to give the impression of being good payers but have been known to cut the salary at the last minute

Interview Questions

• Questions re Hospitality experience, business partnering experience, system experience (workday)
      Have your own questions to hand and don't rely on what they tell you, make sure you understand the role, the organisation structure, how long people have been doing the same job, why management top heavy and very light re workers, old guard and how new people fit in, location challenge and why everything is made simple, simple rather than structured, logical, delivery focussed.
      1 Answer

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Upon arriving to interview, I was guided to a set of computers where I was given precise instructions for some assessments specifically designed for this type of job. After KILLING those, I did a one-on-one interview with an HR person asking general questions. Then, I interviewed with a team manager. After she realized I had more than enough experience, she skipped a bunch of questions (ie. She didn't just follow a script)

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience?   2 Answers

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

No interview. Fill out application. There was no background work history required , no drug screening, no health screening at all. Very un-professional. The hotel brought a group of people collectively to work at the hotel and provided high cost housing which was taken from their paychecks. Four employees per apartment. They spoke only Spanish in the hotel which created many problems in the Banquet job.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was extremely personable. They are very laid back, friendly and hospitable. He made me feel very comfortable talking with him. He explained, in detail, what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you are a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer