InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.7

Technical Architect/Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone screen was scheduled. I had previously spent perhaps 30 minutes in conversation with a recruiter who knew the interviewer on a personal basis. 10 minutes were used skipping down my resume. 15 minutes were spent on describing how I would improve the performance of scrum teams. This was posed as an abstract question with no technical fill-in to support any conclusion. The interviewer let it be known at one point that developers were "spending his employers money." There was the implication that IHG was getting nothing for that.

I attempted to gently suggest that many IT issues begin with managers, hoping to elicit the management context in which developers were performing at what was described as 25% of expected output. My interviewer appeared to be Type A in panic mode.

In the last 5 minutes I obtained enough information through a question that indicated to me where performance issues for developers flowed from. A sad situation like so many other IT related stories in America. Just sad.

Interview Questions

• Scrum teams or pods were described as meeting 5 of 20 a point metric in completing expected work during two week sprints. I do not know if the performance shortfalls were discussed in daily standups. I do not know if there were reflections at the end of a sprint. This scenario was described then the question posed: how would you improve performance? After this being asked the third time, I finally replied "well three strikes and you are out I suppose." Frustrating. But then to key to the performance issues fell in place -- for me. Perhaps the question should have been: tell me how to solve this, then you can go on your way. :-)   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was an open call interview process in two stages. I spoke with a human resource manager then was passed to the restaurant and General manager. We discussed my resume and basic interview questions.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Arrived early. And was even able to interview early. Great Interview. Asked all the right questions ie what makes you the right candidate? what do you know about the company? salary requirement? The interview lasted about 45 min.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was frustrating because I had heard so many good things about IHG. Brief phone interview (30 minutes) was set up by a recruiter who slipped and said "Are you the internal candidate?". On the day of the interview, the hiring manager was 20 minutes late calling and then asked to reschedule the call. For the second call, the manager was 15 minutes late. Questions were very easy and the manager told me my skillset was rare and hard to find. They told me they would contact candidates the next week. Then, total silence. I followed up with the recruiter with no answer. I found out by checking their website that the position was filled. Very disappointing because the job sounded great.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? Have you worked with an international company before?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Palmdale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview, over 100 applicants. Fill out app, went to room for on spot interview about hour later. Interviewer was friendly, it was a good opportunity to speak with the company. I was informed there would be a call back to speak to mgmt if they liked you.

Interview Questions

• How you be a good fit?
      What type of experience do you have?
      Willing to submit to drug test?   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple. A few basic job relatrd questions as well as questions pertaining to experience. I was asked what I was looking for long term as well as short term. I was hired on the spot and began work the following week.

Interview Questions

• What are my long term goals   1 Answer

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

There was none. Was sat down an offered the position. Department Head ate a bowl of oatmeal during the entire process. She slopped it down while asking question. Very disgusting and unprofessional. Smelled like cat urine.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviews are phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager and then in-person with usually the hiring manager and then closest working team members or stakeholders. They usually don't go much beyond 3 rounds for mid-level roles.
    A word to the wise: they tend to hire internally 9/10 times, which is great for current employees but makes it very tough to get in the door. Having an employee refer you for a role can help.

Interview Questions

• Background questions, usually want to know specific examples of leadership, getting through tough situations etc.   Answer Question

Hotel Standards Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Six phone and/or Skype interviews were conducted where objective questions were asked. During the final phase, a case study was given where I was asked to write an essay describing how I would resolve the situation.

Interview Questions

• Are you agreeable to the 90% travel that is required for this position?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position that was offered which was part time supervisor. I was told that there wasn't any other openings because there was already another part time supervisor that works weekends. I accepted the offer with a $2 raise on the days of supervising. Now 2 more part time supervisors have been hired with $1 more pay than me and they have no seniority/ experience.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to go to another affiliated property?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer