InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

The process was long (about 3 months) and thorough. Everyone was very kind and engaging. Started with a phone screen, then a panel interview with potential colleagues, 1:1 with direct supervisor and 1:1 with the VP. Stayed in touch a lot with the recruiter, who was helpful but sometimes hard to get a response from.

Interview Questions

• Give three words that describe you at your best and at your worst.   Answer Question

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Applied the week of July 11th, Over the phone interview July 20th, and in person interview July 25th. The over the phone interview is an interview that states the pay, job description, and ask a few questions about yourself. Before the end of the call, if hey are interested they will set you up for an in person interview. The in-person interview was great. The personnel gave me a tour around the building, then we got to the nitty-gritty. The actual interview was the common questions, then an practice call center scenario. I've never worked a call center, but I was confident and did my best!

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite/least favorite job?
      Tell me about a time you had to go out your way for a customer?
      What skills do you posses that makes you a great candidate?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in May 2016.

Interview

Very organized interview process. If you meet their minimum requirements, they'll set up a phone interview. It was more like a casual 30 minute conversation. Had the phone interview on a Thursday and they emailed me that following Monday saying they wanted to offer me the internship. I guess for interns if they like you enough on the phone and you give off a good vibe, the process is a lot more simple.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was extremely personable. They are very laid back, friendly and hospitable. He made me feel very comfortable talking with him. He explained, in detail, what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that you are a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

very straight forward and informative and questions that center around working in a call center and job related questions. came in toured the call center seems like a very friendly and active place to work filled with diverse group of people who are eager to start the day... this is solely based on one day of a walk through.. after leaving i was told i'd receive an email after 48 hours i have yet to receive my email and when i call back up i keep getting the answering the machine with no call backs... i was also told that i start training next month but with no more information or context i guess i will have to find everything else out when i go back up there.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      what do you know about IHG?
      what could you possibly bring to the job?
      1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Interview

Meet with managers, tour the hotel and meet with current employees, sharing your past educational experience or past experience in the service and hospitality industry. Second interview to review benefits and HR process

Associate Promotions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Had one phone interview with IHG and was contacted later in the week for an in person interview. Had 2 different on site interviews, one with the team leads for the position and another with their boss.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of how you would deal with a challenging person.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Harrisburg, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Meant with manager talked about experience job description hours if i was interested after agreed the general manager came out talk about company took id fill out paperwork and got scedule

Interview Questions

• Why dobyou want to work here   1 Answer

Associate Manager, Americas Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager after submitting a resume through campus recruiting. I'm not quite so sure why I was contacted since they were clearly looking for someone who had consulting or investment banking experience.
    She mainly asked me how my experience related to the job and quite clearly implied she didn't think it did.
    Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing jobs?
      How does your work experience transfer into this job?
      Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

The Process is lengthy. You come in to take an Assessment which tests you listening/typing skills and then you do a interview with a manager and then "Role Play" a call with that same manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the IHG Brand?   1 Answer