InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through IHG and received an interview
    Showed up at the front desk and talked to a very professional Director of the Front desk in her back office. She was very kind, the office was small and very bare. It was weird to interview in the evening, after a long day of 2 other interviews it was hard to concentrate. For some reason I perform a lot better in daylight. Also she was called away to the front desk 2x during the interview which I understand as they need help and obviously they are hiring for that position, but it hard staring at the ceiling for 5 minutes and then to become super enthusiastic again.

Interview Questions

• What reservation systems are you familiar with?
      Do you mind working at night?
      How do you deal with a bad customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

First round with HR over the phone, then with Asst Director of Finance and Director Of Finance, basic introduction about the company and the Role. discussed experience and expectation from the candidate, role and responsibilities.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Athens, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

It touched on the skills that I brought to the table, with emphasis on customer service. The questions were phrased in such a way that you must answer them from a customer service standpoint

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I had applied for a different position and it was below my minimum acceptable pay scale but he GM kept my resume on file and called me when a better position came open

Interview Questions

• We had previously interviewed so there were few other questions to be asked. It was more of a one on one interview where the expectations were presented to me and I accepted them gladly.   Answer Question

Assistant Front Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. HR manager called me to set up a time for a skype interview. The interview lasted for an hour and half...
    He was very professional and asked me so many questions about leadership, communication, and experiences.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Cambridge, MD).

Interview

Very inviting and brief. I was asked about my experience, ability, commitment and teamwork. They were looking for people who fit in with the current staff as well as those who could work unsupervised if needed.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the field?
      Personality questions.
      Availability?
      Goals?   1 Answer

Banquets Interview

Interview

First interview with HR and didn't get the job I wanted. They offered me another position and i was interviewed with the Beverage Director and Banquet Manager. They asked me a bunch of questions like always in a interview and just answer them as best as you could. They also ask you about customer service experience since you are dealing with customers or guests.

Segment Sales for IHG America Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Asheville, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

On line application with a Personality Screening Test, then a phone screening with an HR person and then a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. I was then supposed to have a face to face, but the job was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good sales person?   1 Answer

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Dunwoody, GA).

Interview

Someone emailed me for an in-person interview. I met with the Director, it went well and pretty casual. I just described my past experience within the industry. After that, I had a 2nd "meeting" not so much of an interview with another person on the team. Both times, it was more casual

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work education and how it can benefit this role   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate - Worst thing that will happen is they will say no..

Custodial Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied online using the government website and received a phone call to set up an in person interview. After going to the interview a few days or week after got the offer call. Had to take a physical test.