InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Met with a couple people and it was positive. They called me and had me come in and meet with people on the team. After they walked me through responsibilities and personality questions, they told me they would let me know if they were interested.

Interview Questions

• They asked where I wanted to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I found the job online via career builder. First, I was contacted by the recruiter via phone call, and had a chat about the job, and my experience. The next step was a physical interview with the Director of HR. Most questions consisted of my career goals, my experience with HR, including the branches of HR that I like and have more experience with, along with what branches I would like to learn more about. Finally my last interview was with the GM of the specific property where I would be. His questions were more scenario based. Overall it was a very professional, and everybody was very clear on their expectations, and job description. I felt very comfortable with everybody, and everyone I met was very welcoming to me. Overall even though it was an interview the process was very comfortable and fun. They have a great company culture.

Interview Questions

• What branch of HR do you like/comfortable with the most?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Casual and relaxed interview nearly no stress. the gm informed me that as long as i take.care of.guests and do the.night time audit paperwork i.can do watch movies all night

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy, they ask your normal questions, but then throw you for a loop when they test call you from another room. You have to basically just show you skills because there is no set dialogue to follow.

Interview Questions

• How you handle irritate callers?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

I didn't have to interview, really. I applied online and a couple days later the manager called me and asked me a little about myself (it was more like a phone screening). After that, he emailed me and said he wanted me to join them this summer for their intern program. My situation is a very rare occurrence.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Nothing really tough. Mostly program management situation questions. 2 or 3 people for an hour each. I got an offer and worked here for almost 3 years. People were friendly during the interviews.

Web Products Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Dunwoody, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received email from hiring manager who received my resume from an employee whom I had met prior. We had a half-hour call that same week, then I went into a panel interview with 3 product manager. Sole candidate with hiring manager and two other web product managers. I stated my background, then was asked questions from my resume. I was told more about the position then I was asked situational questions. Very relaxed environment but had a serious tone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had a disagreement or miscommunication with someone.   1 Answer
    • How would your best friend describe you?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Detailed and catered specifically toward getting to know me and my career goals. Possibilities for different roles were explored that I had never thought of before. Very relaxed and natural. Great experience overall.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied for the position, hear back about scheduling an interview a week later. The first interview was all behavioral. The second was half behavioral and half technical. Asking about different hotel revenue techniques and general M&A questions. Had to work out an excel data sheet to answer some questions. Pivot table was best method for solving this.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interviews were held on one day. In total, 3 people interviewed me (individually). The hiring manager was last. Most of the questions were softballs, nothing very tough. IHG is a company that prides itself on hospitality and making people feel "at home", and this came out in the interviews. Nothing scary at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failing project and how you handle communications of the failure(s).   Answer Question