Interactive Data Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interactive Data (Overland Park, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with recruiter. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Covered basic duties of the job a requirements of the position. Recruiter said info would be passed on to Hiring Manager and contact would be made within a week.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Data (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, which went well. Phone interview with Hiring Manager and then a series of interviews with Sr members of the team. Then the HR team went completely silent, not responding to phone calls or emails. Completely unprofessional and altered my opinion of working for the company.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Data (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview, During the phone interview I was told that my skills and experience could be a good match and was invited to interview with the hiring manager.
    The interview was a fine conversation. I was truly interested in the position, shared my experience and got some information about the company, the work and the team.
    I was given something like a test with 3 text and 9-10 questions to answer in 15 minutes. I made 1 mistake because the question formulation wasn't precise (same question was described by the hiring manager as a tricky question during the revision - for me it was no more than poor use of language but I didn't say anything for the Power is on their side, no matter their competencies).
    I was informed that they selected another candidate, 4 days after the interview. Soon after, they published a post for the same position.
    I am unemployed after being laid off and I had a long trip for the interview but wasn't offered a ticket reimbursement which was surprising, considering the dimension of the company. Therefore, I chose to rate the experience as a negative one.

Interview Questions

• how and why did you decide to apply for this position; what skills do you have that make you suitable for the position; previous relevant experience;   Answer Question

Temporary Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Interactive Data.

Interview

I sent in my resume, had a phone interview with a recruiter, had an on-site interview with two managers. An alumnus worked at the company and contacted my professor requesting a few students who were available to work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Interactive Data (Bedford, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Worst Interview experience ever...I applied online, after an phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager, I took an onsite interview at the IDC Bedford office. It was a five people, back to back interview, most of them are managers. Each manager were assigned a 30 mins time-slot as scheduled. In fact, One of the biggest manager is extremely lack of respect, before I start talk with him, he said: " I am very busy, I only have 15 mins for you". I was like 'WTF??!!! Seriously? Is this the first sentence for an interview??? Even though you are a manager, you should still at least show some respects for the person who came to interview', at that moment, I loose 120% of my interests in this company. The interview process also sucks, I am disappoint with them and they must also disappoint with me. Totally waste of time.

Interview Questions

• No technical question at all, the position is a C/C++ developing position but seems like only one or two engineers program in C/C++   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Data (Bedford, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

HR phone interview with basic behavioral questions. This was followed by an in person interview with both the manager and the director. The interview was easy, but you have to ask a lot of questions. Also, team experience and excel skills are a necessity. Be personable. The interview is basically a conversation, with basic interview questions added in. They ask about past experience as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to sacrifice something of yours for someone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, didn't work out. But there are other who have.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interactive Data.

Interview

It was fun. One rep interviewed me and the hiring Manager came in after to finish the interview. They wanted to know my CS experience and knowledge of our products.

Fixed Income Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Data (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy. Talked a lot about my experience and also give me some puzzles (I think 3 puzzles) a lot of behaviel question. the process is for 1.5 hours. and then I received the final interview.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Data (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. The hiring managers asked information seeking questions as well as applied relative experience to the position. My opinion is that the interview was easy while challenging me to apply myself to what they were looking for.

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Data (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

There was one brief phone screening and "get to know you" interview and one in-person interview with the head of the team I was applying for. The interview was pretty basic, nothing technical. Most of the interview was gauging personality and fit based on going over experience and qualifications. Both interviews were relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your experience in past internships applies to this role?   Answer Question