Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First Round was a technical telephonic interview which lasted for 30 minutes. The recruiter immediately started with questions after introducing himself over the phone. There were numerous questions asked covering wide range of questions which were only technical

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

I was working with a recruiter who was very communicative in the beginning. I had several interviews leading up to a technical interview where I had to do live programming. After that my recruiter just seemed to drop me, I had to reach out to her where I was in the process.

Interview Questions

• I had to code live on the internet a tic tac toe game.   1 Answer

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

This is a wonderful place to outline your feedback and help us get better. We want to do a good job. We apologize if the communication was not clear and always ask you to work with your Talent ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

First 30 min HR interview went very good.
    Second 60 min Technical Interview also went good.
    Third Onsite Interview, Interview went very good. But,they rejected me because i don't have more JavaScript Experience. They mail me that you have very good experience with Java but not in JavaScript.

Interview Questions

• Java Questions, Unit Testing, Some of JavaScript Framework Questions   Answer Question

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. As Interactive Intelligence continues to grow and evolve as a company there are times that we have to re-evaluate our direction and adapt to the swift growth in the ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

After filling out the application online, I received an interview call from the company. First round was technical interview that lasted about an hour. I prepared for Java and AWS interview questions as mentioned in the job description. However, when I received the call I was asked questions on Javascript (which was not on my resume). When I informed that I have no experience with it, the recruiter reluctantly asked me questions on Java, which I was able to answer correctly. The online coding exam was created for Javascript, but the recruiter changed to one java question.

I was interviewing for their PureCloud department and no questions were asked on cloud computing. I found this very strange.

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

We do our best to respond to applicants in a timely manner. There may be a time when the job requirements change during the process. This can happen as a result of a business need. We apologize if ... More

Web Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a mail from HR regarding the first phone interview. The interview went off quite well. It was more of the front end while I was the guy with more server-side experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding JavaScript and a coding exercise, it was on Strings   Answer Question

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR soon after to schedule a phone screen. The HR person that conducted the first phone screen was very cordial and scheduled a followup phone screen three days later with a manager from the PMO. These questions were geared more toward my PM skills and the interviewer seemed positive about my experience and the interview in general. At the end of the call, I was told I would hear from them within 48 hours for next steps. Crickets. I can handle rejection but it's extremely unprofessional of Interactive Intelligence to just drop someone out of the process without even the courtesy of an email notice. At least have the moral and ethical responsibility to close the loop when you begin this process with someone. It really doesn't take that long and will keep your brand in a good light with all involved. It would be very interesting if I was assigned to lead a project on choosing a contact center solution in my PM role at my new company!

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Software Engineer In Test Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in October 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was by phone by the HR person. By the end of it she stated that I had passed the initial screening process and scheduled me for a phone interview with their tech lead. At the time of the interview they did not call. I emailed the HR person but got no response at all.

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. The recruiter made things sound very positive with regard toy application for employment. I had to check in several times before finally receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" automated response.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Manager, Storage and Database Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

Process is pretty standard. Apply to job -> HR phone interview -> manager phone interview -> onsite individual interviews with HR, peer managers and VP.

I was happy with the conversations I had with the various people. Very low pressure and conversational. However, there were several significant negatives to the position:

1. Initial onsite interviewer was 15 minutes late. Not a big deal, but I would have preferred a simple apology.
    2. Main HR person was unavailable for a family emergency and the replacement person did not seem to be very helpful. I had already read the HR document sent to me and felt he was unable to add anything that wasn't in that document.
    3. One of the interviewers never showed up. A peer manager ended his session and said he was going to go get the next person. I ended up waiting in a conference room for 30 minutes by myself. Eventually, I called the gentleman in #1 above and told him about my situation and he said he would take care of it. Again, he never apologized. After about 20 minutes, I seriously considered getting up and leaving, however, at the time, I was very interested in working for Interactive Intelligence.
    4. Every person I talked to mentioned repeatedly about how many hours they worked. While it was stated they were doing this to let me know what was expected, it felt like it was a series of "one-upmanships." Since I am not interested in playing that game, it is probably best I didn't get offered the position.

Overall, I felt deflated leaving the interviews as it felt like many of the participants felt their time was more valuable than mine.

Interview Questions

• Paraphrase: Since your perspective employees will have more knowledge in the given area than you will, how will you gain credibility with them?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR for a phone interview but after the hiring manager reviewed my resume they wanted to bring me in right away.

First interview was with the managers and seemed to go well. It was relaxed and I felt very positive about it. Next portion was technical with three engineers. Most of their questions were academic or arcane and certainly not something that I deal with regularly with my experience in the industry. Moreover, it was very tense. No smiling, no small talk, rather uncomfortable. Final interview was with a woman from the project office. She was evaluating me on personality. That seemed to go OK.

The interview was in a conference room and it was on the warm side since I was the only one in a suit. I wasn't offered anything to drink when we started and after two and a half hours my mouth was so dry I could barely speak. Before the last interview I asked to get a drink and walked out to the water fountain for a drink.