Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

A tough but fair interview process, I got the impression that even if I weren't a good fit for the position they were interviewing for they would have tried to find something in the organization for me.

Interview Questions

• Several rounds of on-the-spot problem solving with actual coding involved. Tough but fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were very willing to work with me to meet my needs.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial screening with HR
    Phone screen with technical lead. I was asked to do a live coding exercise.
    On site interview with a team of very intelligent team leads and developers. Several deep details questions measuring my level of knowledge. Did another (this time more difficult) live coding exercise in front of the team

Interview Questions

• Don't remember - the questions started simple and got progressively more difficult until I couldn't answer them anymore.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told HR what I was looking for. They agreed it was a fair wage. Done.

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2009.

Interview

A ridiculously hard experience overall. Three straight hours of interviews including all areas of the department, each 30 minutes long. What was upsetting was the fact that I had the skills necessary given in the job application, but the interview covered MANY more skills and subjects not mentioned in the job description. I feel like I was turned down on those subjects, not the ones actually shown in the job description. Also, even though the HR folks said they "Pride" themselves on calling applicants soon after interviews, no matter the outcome, I was never given an answer. I had to badger HR just to get a "no thanks" response after a week.

Interview Questions

• Name and explain several different phone and network systems terms.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First Round was a technical telephonic interview which lasted for 30 minutes. The recruiter immediately started with questions after introducing himself over the phone. There were numerous questions asked covering wide range of questions which were only technical

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview process was extensive. I had 6 phone interviews with different individuals. I was then brought to HQ to have another series of in-person interviews with an additional 5 people.
    It was very thorough. I was impressed with the overall thoroughness.

Interview Questions

• Q: the standard interview questions like, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years". "How would you handle xx situation".
      I did have one interviewer that asked some rather odd questions that were not job related, but brain teasers. Those I guess were to test my problem solving abilities.
      Thankfully, I passed.
      Answer Question

Applications Developer Year In Industry Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 stages of interview, 1 hour technical phone interview. Tech interview covers networks, OS and OOP and requires a good understanding of each of these fields. 2 hours face to face interview. Face to face interview involves going through your CV and technical test in your chosen area. Can choose: Java, C#, SQL, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 major principles of OOP?   1 Answer
    • How to avoid a deadlock?   1 Answer

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to ensure our Team Members are challenged and enjoy the Interactive culture.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was asked to prepare and present a hypothetical territory plan in advance where I essentially built the job I would have if I got the job.

I was also present to interviews for other sales candidates. Mock customer meetings were by the candidate as if they were in the role being applied for. Interactive employees played the roles of different customer/prospect jobs (I.T., User, Finance, Senior Management, etc.).

This process can be challenging if you have not done your homework or have little or no background in what Interactive does for a living.

Interview Questions

• The interview process and questions were solid and there were no surprises as long as you are prepared.   1 Answer

Web Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

First 30 min HR interview went very good.
    Second 60 min Technical Interview also went good.
    Third Onsite Interview, Interview went very good. But,they rejected me because i don't have more JavaScript Experience. They mail me that you have very good experience with Java but not in JavaScript.

Interview Questions

• Java Questions, Unit Testing, Some of JavaScript Framework Questions   Answer Question

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. As Interactive Intelligence continues to grow and evolve as a company there are times that we have to re-evaluate our direction and adapt to the swift growth in the ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

I was working with a recruiter who was very communicative in the beginning. I had several interviews leading up to a technical interview where I had to do live programming. After that my recruiter just seemed to drop me, I had to reach out to her where I was in the process.

Interview Questions

• I had to code live on the internet a tic tac toe game.   1 Answer

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

This is a wonderful place to outline your feedback and help us get better. We want to do a good job. We apologize if the communication was not clear and always ask you to work with your Talent ... More

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

its was a phone interview and its pretty much based on my background. the second interview took place the second day from Indiana , US which was a technical based questions. its pretty tough

Interview Questions

• network related question and my experiences   1 Answer