Interactive Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, there was a phone screen followed by an on site interview. The process was smooth until I received an offer. My initial offer was lowered because it would have been too large of a salary increase for me so I did not accept the offer.

Software Engineer In Test Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence in October 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was by phone by the HR person. By the end of it she stated that I had passed the initial screening process and scheduled me for a phone interview with their tech lead. At the time of the interview they did not call. I emailed the HR person but got no response at all.

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

We do our best to respond to applicants in a timely manner. There may be a time when the job requirements change during the process. This can happen as a result of a business need. We apologize if... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview with HR then with the lead, finally technical interview with the team ( technical questions plus online coding test ).
    The people are SO friendly it is so nice to have such a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Asked me main OOP questions, polymorphism, design patterns, multithreading, etc..   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone interview with HR representative. Phone interview with hiring manager. Face-to-face interviews with 5 different people within the organization on-site during a single day. Then offer was provided about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What question did you expect me to ask that I didn't ask?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

It was a 3 interview process which starts with an hour interview with someone from HR. The second is a technical interview for an hour that deals with more generic IT support and telephony type questions. Lastly there are 3 back to back hour long interviews that

Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I was interviewed by multiple people. The process involved going door to door with six different people for a half hour each. This took up to about three hours. There was other stuff in which I was asked specific questions about programming and it even included a brain bench test and I forget if lunch was involved.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

There are 4 interviews, First is a phone interview followed by three one-on-one interviews. The three one-on-one interviews are on site. Two of them are technical on the technologies you are most likely going to work on. The last one is management round. The interviewers are on field professionals but they make you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects   1 Answer

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. We offer top technology to our clients and give Team Members an opportunity to work with the best in their field.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Had a quick discussion with a hiring manager and a week later had a phone interview with a team lead. They said it was an interview with a hiring manager but it actually ended up being fairly technical. He asked a lot of questions about object oriented design and general programming concepts.
    From there they scheduled two back to back onsite interviews with two different teams. Both positions were for JavaScript and the questions covered specific JavaScript topics, programming exercises, and system design. Each interview was with 3 to 4 people and was fairly challenging.
    They offered a position that evening and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• write a function that takes in a string and returns a letter that occurs most frequently. if there is a tie, return a letter that occurs first in the string.   Answer Question
    • take the values stored in two input fields in a form. When a button is clicked, increment one of the values every 100 ms until it is twice the other value.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I let them know that I had another offer on the table and they were able to match it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. The recruiter made things sound very positive with regard toy application for employment. I had to check in several times before finally receiving a "thanks, but no thanks" automated response.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Discovered the position via an Internet job board. Applied.

Approximately one week later I received a call from a Human Resource person; she was very friendly.
    Had about a 20 minute phone screen (would have been longer but reception was bad). She said she wanted to schedule a meeting with the hiring manager for a phone screen which was setup for about 3 days later on a Friday.

Friday came and I was very impressed with the relaxed/genuine demeanor of the manager and the comfort level was immediate. From this conversation, he wanted to bring me onsite.
    I agreed - and the HR person called me about 3 days later to schedule it for the next week.

It was a panel interview; 2 folks from disparate groups, then 3 folks for the technical piece and then the hiring manager. Total time was about 4 hours, including a tour and lunch served in the same room as the interviews. Very nice touch.

The first 2 folks were more behavioral but did ask a few questions related to potential technical difficulties they were currently experiencing and how I would approach them. The 3 technical folks were friendly but more reserved. They did respond to my attempts at humor in a positive way. The questions were technical but more on the 'how would you do this' and 'please sketch it out' as far as processes I helped design elsewhere. This was all verbal though.

The hiring manager spoke with me for an hour; took me on a tour, sat in his office etc. Confirmed my initial impression of positive environment.
    Lastly had to do a 30 minute call with the Director; also a professional but down to earth person.

All in all, it was grueling in the sense that it was a long interview day, but the refreshments helped take the edge off and I enjoyed the process. The HR person was phenomenal. Very caring, humorous, friendly.

Interview Questions

• Explain a process you've implemented elsewhere.   1 Answer