Interactive Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interactive Intelligence Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

First Round was a technical telephonic interview which lasted for 30 minutes. The recruiter immediately started with questions after introducing himself over the phone. There were numerous questions asked covering wide range of questions which were only technical

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback.

Other Interview Reviews for Interactive Intelligence

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Behavioural and technical interviews. Not too hard. Questions were mostly based on Java with a significant focus on basic concepts like classes, methods, constructors etc. There was one coding question too.

Interview Questions

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback.

Application

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, there was a phone screen followed by an on site interview. The process was smooth until I received an offer. My initial offer was lowered because it would have been too large of a salary increase for me so I did not accept the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview with HR then with the lead, finally technical interview with the team ( technical questions plus online coding test ).
    The people are SO friendly it is so nice to have such a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Asked me main OOP questions, polymorphism, design patterns, multithreading, etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

First I toured the campus and talked to someone in HR. There had been some confusion about what day I would come so I had to wait for 30 minutes to have the technical interview. I then met with some developers in the department I would be joining. They asked me some general questions about projects I had liked, and career goals I had. Then I completed a small test in C and answered some questions about object oriented programming.
    After the interview one of the developers walked me out to my car and was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Please explain polymorphism.   1 Answer

Oct 17, 2016 – Sourcing and Social Media Strategist

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to ensure our Team Members are challenged and enjoy the Interactive culture.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen, followed by an in person interview in the RTP office. The in-person interview lasted 3 hours and ranged from general to technical in nature. The interview was split in to multiple sessions conducted by multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember too many specific questions, but there was a decent amount of questions related to application architecture and even some diagramming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, but in retrospect, wished that I had as I feel that my compensation is slightly lower than others with similar roles.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence.

Interview

I met with Interactive Intelligence at my university job fair.
    The first interview was a call with the intern program manager. This was around 45 minutes and full of behavioral questions. The purpose was to understand your experience, understand what you know about interactive intelligence, and determine if you would fit with them.

The second interview was a technical phone screen with the team leader. The phone screen consisted of simple questions from loops, basic object oriented programming concepts, and simple data structures.

The third interview was a technical onsite interview. I was able to meet and talk with the developers on the team and learn about their first hand experience on projects. The interview was split up into two parts and I met with a different team member for each. For the first half, I was given different code snippets and I had to explain what the code did and how I would refactor it. The code snippets given are written in code that you list on your resume. I was also asked several questions about team experiences and management, version control, and few behavioral questions. The second half was more technical and focused on Object Oriented programming principles. First few questions were basic such as, what is an object, difference between private and public, interface vs inheritance, when to use static, etc. After the questions, the interviewer gave me a variety of scenarios and I would have to write an implementation to solve the problem on whiteboard. After finishing the two halves, I was able to speak with the team leader. The team leader did not have any questions for me; it was more of an opportunity to directly ask him questions and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• Implement a catalog of students and professors. Student and Professor objects have different fields and methods. Professors can both be a Student and a Professor at the same time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Interview

Initial screening at a university; invited to go on-site to interview with 6 people (3 technical, 3 managerial), each for 30 minutes. This was for a Systems Engineer position, which is different from what I have now (Software Engineer). The Software Engineer position was a short 30 minute informal interview (I had been at working here for 3 years), resulting in a department change.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since I had a Masters of Science degree, I was able to negotiate several thousand dollars higher from the starting salary for people straight out of college.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Contacted by in house recruiter. Pleasant process, set up for a couple possible interviews. One position fell through because of the merger. Another position was available. Interviewed with two groups of engineers. Pleasant 20-40 white males all. ( This says a lot about the diversity that is non existent in IT). Some talked and asked questions, others sat.
    Company really needs Javascript developers. Some questions were really not in the realm of what you would be expected to do, basically unrelated to the job. They were good questions for homework in Comp Science class.

Interview Questions

• Build a BST in JS on the whiteboard. 15 minutes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interactive Intelligence (Durham, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard. Telephone -> In-person multiple interviews -> Offer. I would study for a challenging interview. It's not one of those "study for the final" but it's not a pushover either.