Interbrand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the company's recruiter. She showed interest in my work and wanted to set up a phone appointment. The call was laid back and quick, she then asked me when I could come to the office to meet up with two Creative Directors.
    Things got a little complex after that because the talent acquisitor decided to leave the company. I was introduced to another recruiter but it took her a long time to reply to my emails.
    Finally the appointment was setup and i got 30 minutes with each CD.
    They were both great and showed interest in my work. The interview was laid back and more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my work, choices, creative process, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interbrand in March 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional. There was a phone screen, with the interviewer calling an hour early. The phone screen itself and the in-person interview were basic. After the in-person interview, no follow-up at all.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Interbrand (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First, there is a phone call with the head of talent acquisition. If it goes well, a candidate is asked to do some branding exercises. The company requests that these be turned in within 3 days. If the answers are compelling, the candidate moves to the third round, which involves meeting with two members of the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What is your branding experience. Can you describe your process as your work with a client. Name a brand that is doing well and why do you think that is the case.   Answer Question

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand (New York, NY).

Interview

I was first approached on LinkedIn by a hiring manager. Interview process was done in 2 rounds. Each round I met with three people from the Program Management department. Everyone asked basic questions about myself and my previous experience and then told me about what their role was within the department. Between the first and the second round of interviews I waited three weeks. This was due to scheduling conflicts from Interbrand's side and while it was frustrating I can't really fault them (people get sick, client meetings come up, blizzards happen etc.).

Right after the second interview the hiring manager spoke to me about my interest level in the position and my salary and start date. From there it was about two weeks until I received an offer.

Overall the process in entirety took a month— and that was with Interbrand wanting to move fast. Everyone I talked to was very friendly and I was kept up to speed on the timeline (minus a few last minute interview cancellations, but those were due to weather and illness).

Interview Questions

• Why Interbrand? What skills from previous experiences would you apply to your role with Interbrand?   Answer Question

Senior Verbal Identity Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of three interviews, plus a writing "test." Test was poorly constructed. Two out of three interviewers were very good. Final interviewer ruined the experience and the impression of the agency-- endlessly unsatisfied with answers, uninterested in building any type of personal connection, and presented herself as an expert in certain areas of communications when she clearly lacked basic understanding of large scale communications tactics. I declined to proceed further.

Interview Questions

• What brand do you think does a great job in the public sphere? General work experience questions, results oriented questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Too many rounds of interviews with little communication in between. I had to follow up several times and received responses weeks later. I've heard they have a poor interview process, my experience confirmed this for me.

Interview Questions

• random questions about my knowledge of the city, very off topic   Answer Question

Verbal Identity Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand.

Interview

The interview process was very typical. I was based in another state but was looking to move to New York City. Received a call to interview. I had approximately 4 years of experience at the time. The questions were very normal - consisted of tell me about yourself, why interbrand, where would you like to be in X number of years. The process did not seem to overly corporate or to overly lax.

Interview Questions

• Nothing comes to mind as a difficult question - it was very typical.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview, in person with 4 people. Waited forever for a response. Finally recovered a response after 5 weeks that they were moving on. Not difficult but it was time consuming. Bad hr

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Interbrand (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

LENGTHY. Lasted almost 4 months. It was also during the holiday season which I understood to be a busy time for the company. Included Skype interviews, phone interviews and in-person interviews at the AT&T Headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What is your design experience? What is your experience with client relations? What is your customer service experience?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Interbrand.

Interview

Their recruitment process and the way they treat potential employees is unfortunate, really. I had heard this from a couple colleagues of mine but was still optimistic that their experiences were isolated. Not so. I was contacted 4 weeks ago by a Talent Acquisition Partner with whom I scheduled an over-the-phone interview. Being currently employed (yet desperately seeking employment elsewhere), I was happy to re-arrange my schedule on the day of the interview in order to get out of the office for an hour to take the call. Long story short, she just never called. I sent an email 10 minutes after the call was scheduled to begin and she wrote back immediately that she was stuck in a meeting and asked if I would like to re-schedule for a week and a half later- which I reluctantly agreed to after requesting that we instead have the call sooner than this date. I received an email 30 minutes before this call was supposed to happen stating that the position had been filled (of course it had been by then!). It's unfortunate that the reputation of such a great agency is being tarnished by it's recruiting department and processes.