Intergraph PP&M Interview Questions in Huntsville, AL | Glassdoor

Intergraph PP&M Interview Questions in Huntsville, AL

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Had a telephone interview with 3 hiring managers. They wanted to face the world market and answer the needs that the global economy impose in our days. The questions were specific to the need for the position they were looking for. They needed skills that are actually necessary on the world market not other made-up skills for welfare hiring found in government and other contractors. I had a short courteous HR interview. It was done. No BS.

Interview Questions

• They needed someone to actually do the job, no fudge to cover the cake. I told them give it to me I will need a short time to train and understand the exact needs and it will be done without BS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short Quick No BS. You want it or you don't.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Huntsville, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

I arrived early to put out my printed materials. When the hiring managers arrived we exchanged business cards and got right into the questions. They asked about my interest in the company and gave me some exercises to preform on a laptop to demonstrate proficiency of the needed software. Very friendly, I used my website to show previous works and explained why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect being asked to demonstrate my software abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The rate was set at $16 and intern for 12weeks. I accepted over the phone and they sent paperwork via email.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Huntsville, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

During the interview I met with a designer and a manager. I presented the portfolio I had and they asked me a few question. They had a few tests for me on their computer to test my software knowledge. I asked a few questions and at the end of the interview they told me it was for an internship not the job I applied for. I was okay with that because I needed the job.

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

HR and hiring managers extremely courteous, each presenting a business card immediately and requesting that I contact them if I had any questions later. Very schedule-conscious and efficient without seeming rushed. Managers are very knowledgeable writers themselves, and were as interested in finding a good fit for the team as they were in finding someone with the desired skills and experience. Culture seems fast-paced, but not stressed out--lots of work to do, but not "overtime all the time". Particularly impressed with how forward-looking this documentation department is in terms of tools and technologies. Very professional group overall in terms of scrum participation, self-direction, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the use of screenshots in documentation?   1 Answer

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Madison, AL).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and was interviewed by HR, the QA Lead and the Dept. Manager. Each brought a different tactic to the interview process, a corporate/hr one a technical one and the final was very informal (manager). For the most part this was not a difficult interview, but I was already recommended by a trusted employee. I have heard our technical interviews require a coding test to be completed.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very informal and several years ago I do not remember any particular question standing out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time there was very little negotiation. HR did allow me extra time to accept the position. Relocation costs were covered. They were adamant about knowing my "current" salary and offered slightly more.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Madison, AL) in June 2011.

Interview

Day 01) Telephone Interview with HR
    Day 08) In person 1:1 x3 Interview (all same day, technical questions asked)
    Day 17) Panel interview 1:8 (you get a tour of the work area if they like you, personality and resume based interview)
    Day 31) Job offer with 48 hours to respond

Interview Questions

• Describe how your past work experience could be relative to this job position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was take it or leave it.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Madison, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview started around 8:00 A.M. I was sent to a member of HR first to discuss benefits, compensation, and etc. After that, I interviewed with about 4 departments and 4 different people. They quizzed me on behavioral, career, and some programming concepts ( create a linked list, polymorphism, OOP, and etc.). Each interview took about 30mins to an hour. Then some of the management took me out to eat(They paid for it of course.). When we got back, I had about 3 more interviews to go to similar to the ones they had before. After this was all done (around 4:30), they tested me with modifying a primitive calculator program (The dialect of Visual C that it was written in was before my time.).

Overall, a very tiring interview. I felt as if I deserved the job after going through all of that.

Marketing Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Huntsville, AL) in June 2010.

Interview

It took a while to get through the interview and hiring process since Intergraph had has several outside contractor advertising and marketing agency failures in getting Intergraph into the marketing sectors. So, they weren't so sure that they needed to have a marketing department and needed me to convince them of the internal need.

Interview Questions

• Can a marketing department be savvy enough to understand the technical issues needing to be addressed or communicated through marketing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Intergraph was recruiting and hiring engineers from California at California salaries versus local Huntsville salaries. So, I convinced them if they wanted the best, base the salary offer on a national level versus a local level. And they did and I got a great offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intergraph PP&M (Huntsville, AL) in February 2010.

Interview

Basically had a face to face interview with five separate people in the department all of whom described the job duties differently.

Interview Questions

• The questions were almost exclusively related to previous job duties.   Answer Question