Intermountain Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2018

2.8

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It was a 3 part interview. First was a phone interview with 1 member of the corporate office. The second interview was a phone interview with the same corporate representative and several other managers from across the state. The 3rd interview was at the corporate office with 3 members of the corporate leadership team. I was required to prepare and present a 5-10 minute presentation and then a standard 3 panel interview.. Everyone was very professional and most of the questions were pretty standard for this level of a position. This seems like a very good company from the limited interactions I had.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a project involving people who do not report to you?   Answer Question

Patient Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Murray, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. About a month later I got an email to call for a phone interview. After the phone interview I had an interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter took her time getting back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Orem, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online via IHC website. It took about 2 weeks to be contacted for an interview. Interview went well and the staff was very friendly. I hadn't heard back 2 weeks later so I contacted them to follow up and received an email requesting references. 5 days later I was contacted with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (South Jordan, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. I was asked a total of 6 questions that were all behavioral based. There were 3 representatives in the room and each took a turn to ask a question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were confronted with a difficult situation with a co-worker, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview 2 days later. Went in the next day for an interview in the morning. Interview was with the floor manager and patient services manager. Interview was straight forward and lasted about 30 minutes. I was called and emailed that afternoon for 5 references. My references sent their info in within the next 2 days and got a call 2 days after interview that they would be writing me up a job offer in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic questions such as to describe myself and hobbies. Asked how I would handle privacy issues, difficult clients and multitasking.   Answer Question

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Dec 22, 2016 – Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback!

Anonymous Employee in Roy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Roy, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Took about a month after I applied online. The interview was a panel of 3 people and was very easy. I was asked to tell about myself, and alot of "What would you do" type situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They said the starting rate and I accepted it because I was using it as a way to get my foot in the door to advance. BIG FAIL. But after accepting I still didnt start for another month.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Interview

Applications are submitted online. More than half are rejected based on whether or not you answer the correct questions. Once selected there are usually 2 interviews followed by an official job offer via phone call and email. The work environment varies on the clinic. I worked in 2 clinics. The first was very positive. The physicians, MA, rad tech and receptionists all view each other as equals. As such patient care and service was at its best. At the 2nd clinic the MA viewed the receptionists as lower individuals and it created a very difficult environment.

Interview Questions

• Difficulty with different insurance companies and their policies regarding care. It is hard to know what company covers what.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare in December 2015.

Interview

Fun, easy interview. Manager was very nice. They only asked a couple of interview questions then it was just more about who I am and how I deal with certain situations.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

I started with a phone interview with the clinic manager that lasted 10 or 15 minutes and then went into the clinic where I interviewed with him in person. He had one other Patient Service Rep involved in the interview process. They were professional and asked very appropriate questions related to the position.

Interview Questions

• What past experience makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Interview

Online process. Fairly straightforward.