Intermountain Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intermountain Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Interview

Multiple people interviewed over two interviews. Standard interview questions, but this can be a slow process. If you have the basic skills, they care more about team fit than your your skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went well, but I chose not to continue with in-person interview. Having years of relevant experience/education should preclude one from having to take a skills assessment related to the job.

CP Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare.

Interview

Applied online through company website submitting cover letter and resume. called by department manager for interview. Interview conducted by other CP staff. Pretty straight forward interview questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Ogden, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Actually, not entirely sure what the correct title is, as it was referred to four different ways through the process: Marketing Manager, PR Manager, Communications Manager, and Quality Manager.

Applied online via their corporate career website. I was contacted two months later for a phone interview with two individuals. The next day, HR called and set up two in-person interviews for the following week, with two separate groups of individuals.

As part of the interviews, I was asked to put together a five minute presentation to address one question and how I would answer it. Pretty straightforward and about six hours of research / PowerPoint design.

The night before the interviews, HR called and told me because of "scheduling" issues, they had to cancel the second interview the following day, but the first one would still be held. This was a red flag that I had already been discounted. Even more telling was the following day when one of the three people in the first interview group didn't show up and no mention of him/her.

I would have appreciated all interviews being cancelled if they had already made up their minds that it wasn't a good fit. That is understandable. Not only did I take time off of my current job, but I had to rent a car for the day due to my own family scheduling issues.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience setting up community fairs/events?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Orem, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online via IHC website. It took about 2 weeks to be contacted for an interview. Interview went well and the staff was very friendly. I hadn't heard back 2 weeks later so I contacted them to follow up and received an email requesting references. 5 days later I was contacted with an offer.

HIM Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

There really was no interview. The HR department called to find out about my supervisory experience. I had none but despite my education, my knowledge, my dedication and my 9 years that I have dedicated to the company, they refused to pass along my resume.

Interview Questions

• Even though you have been with us for the last nine years, what supervisory experience do you have?   1 Answer

Physical Therapy Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Riverton, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed. A hiring rep contacted me and set up an interview with the director. I had a short interview (ten minutes or so). You will also be required to have blood drawn, vaccines administered, backround check, drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well under pressure/hectic conditions?   1 Answer

Orderly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Riverton, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of the manager, and another orderly. The interview started out with the manager saying that the interview would be very informal, and they didn't care about any previous experience because they could train anybody to do the job. What was most important to them was the person. They really loved my volunteer experience. They also asked about how my past experiences could apply to the job, and asked how I would react in a specific scenario. Overall had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring from your past experiences in your previous jobs to the position?

Why do you want this job?
      Answer Question

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Dec 22, 2016 – Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. Welcome to the Intermountain team!

CS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Murray, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked me to go to a huge group meeting with over 120 people on November 18, 2016 and I spent from 8:15 am to 1 pm. They provided breakfast and lunch. From 9 am to 10 am they had presentations about the company. From 10 am to 11 am we had networking sections, and from 11 am to 12 pm we had 1:1 interviews for over eight different positions. The interviews were all behavioral questions, very similar to any generic interview question you will see out there. There were no technical questions, so I was not able to show my skills. Lunch took the rest of the time.

The process was very long, very tiring. However they showed that they cared about the process, and that they were very serious about it. They even had a whole scheduled planed for what would be the process from that day to the start of the internship. They told us that we would receive an answer by December 9, 2016, but that did not happened. I sent a email to 2 people that work with HR recruitment there to know if the process was still going, but they did not replied back. In January 26, 2017, over two months after the interview, and over a month after the date they told us that they would send the results. I was not even expecting an answer anymore.

Thus, It was very disappointing. I have no problem not getting a offer, but they were a little disrespectful. It was lame to spent about five hours there, having to drive about 2 hours both ways, and miss work and classes for just a behavioral interview that in the end made me think for over a month that they would not answer and be ignored by email. I left there thinking high of the company, and how professional they were, besides the behavioral interview, but now I am not sure. I recently saw them on my University career fair, and did not even go there because I refuse to go through this process again.

Clinical Quality Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a combination of three phases: 1) An initial 1:1 phone interview; 2) A 1:1 video conference interview; 3) A final group/panel video interview. General interview questions were initially provided, coupled with more program or department-specific questions relative to specific personal experience.

Interview Questions

• According to your understanding of the program's methodology, how would you operationalize the respective core components with both internal and external stakeholders?   Answer Question

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Dec 29, 2016 – Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look to reviews like your to improve our interview process. Welcome to the Intermountain Healthcare team.