Intermountain Healthcare Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

2.7

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Park City, UT).

Interview

One on one with manager of that department in a board room of the hospital. Lasted about 25 minutes. Pretty relaxed and the manager was easy to talk to. He called me a few days later and offered me the job - he also was able to get me $2 more an hour for the position.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember all the questions but there were about 10. Almost all were situational questions . . . "tell me about a time when you dealt with a distraught customer, and how did you fix the problem" etc.   1 Answer

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

It was a 3 part interview. First was a phone interview with 1 member of the corporate office. The second interview was a phone interview with the same corporate representative and several other managers from across the state. The 3rd interview was at the corporate office with 3 members of the corporate leadership team. I was required to prepare and present a 5-10 minute presentation and then a standard 3 panel interview.. Everyone was very professional and most of the questions were pretty standard for this level of a position. This seems like a very good company from the limited interactions I had.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a project involving people who do not report to you?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went well, but I chose not to continue with in-person interview. Having years of relevant experience/education should preclude one from having to take a skills assessment related to the job.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application. Was contacted on the phone a few days later and had a short over phone interview, then was invited in for a full interview. Came in to the office, was greeted and brought into a conference room for the interview. Had full interview, and then was called and given an offer and instructions how to proceed from there.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where a customer had a problem and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you handle stressful situations?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any work experience you have that applies to this job?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online. Received a call the next day to interview. I interviewed with the manager and another individual in the same position I was applying for.

I was asked to interview the following week with the next most senior individual along with the same manager as before. After this interview they took me around the floor and introduced me to other employees.

Everyone I dealt with was very pleasant and the process was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to manage multiple, competing tasks and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

HIM Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

There really was no interview. The HR department called to find out about my supervisory experience. I had none but despite my education, my knowledge, my dedication and my 9 years that I have dedicated to the company, they refused to pass along my resume.

Interview Questions

• Even though you have been with us for the last nine years, what supervisory experience do you have?   1 Answer

Physical Therapy Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Riverton, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on indeed. A hiring rep contacted me and set up an interview with the director. I had a short interview (ten minutes or so). You will also be required to have blood drawn, vaccines administered, backround check, drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well under pressure/hectic conditions?   1 Answer

Orderly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Riverton, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview consisting of the manager, and another orderly. The interview started out with the manager saying that the interview would be very informal, and they didn't care about any previous experience because they could train anybody to do the job. What was most important to them was the person. They really loved my volunteer experience. They also asked about how my past experiences could apply to the job, and asked how I would react in a specific scenario. Overall had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring from your past experiences in your previous jobs to the position?

Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Dec 22, 2016 – Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. Welcome to the Intermountain team!

CS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Murray, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked me to go to a huge group meeting with over 120 people on November 18, 2016 and I spent from 8:15 am to 1 pm. They provided breakfast and lunch. From 9 am to 10 am they had presentations about the company. From 10 am to 11 am we had networking sections, and from 11 am to 12 pm we had 1:1 interviews for over eight different positions. The interviews were all behavioral questions, very similar to any generic interview question you will see out there. There were no technical questions, so I was not able to show my skills. Lunch took the rest of the time.

The process was very long, very tiring. However they showed that they cared about the process, and that they were very serious about it. They even had a whole scheduled planed for what would be the process from that day to the start of the internship. They told us that we would receive an answer by December 9, 2016, but that did not happened. I sent a email to 2 people that work with HR recruitment there to know if the process was still going, but they did not replied back. In January 26, 2017, over two months after the interview, and over a month after the date they told us that they would send the results. I was not even expecting an answer anymore.

Thus, It was very disappointing. I have no problem not getting a offer, but they were a little disrespectful. It was lame to spent about five hours there, having to drive about 2 hours both ways, and miss work and classes for just a behavioral interview that in the end made me think for over a month that they would not answer and be ignored by email. I left there thinking high of the company, and how professional they were, besides the behavioral interview, but now I am not sure. I recently saw them on my University career fair, and did not even go there because I refuse to go through this process again.

Clinical Quality Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intermountain Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a combination of three phases: 1) An initial 1:1 phone interview; 2) A 1:1 video conference interview; 3) A final group/panel video interview. General interview questions were initially provided, coupled with more program or department-specific questions relative to specific personal experience.

Interview Questions

• According to your understanding of the program's methodology, how would you operationalize the respective core components with both internal and external stakeholders?   Answer Question

Intermountain Healthcare Response

Dec 29, 2016 – Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look to reviews like your to improve our interview process. Welcome to the Intermountain Healthcare team.