Internap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Internap Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Internap (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was recruited by a third party recruiter Eric. There were a total of 4 Interviews starting with a phone interview then followed by interview with the Sales Director, round table, engineers and SVP of Sales

Interview Questions

• What is your prospecting strategy? Have you ever been door knocking?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle pricing objections?   Answer Question
    • How many enterprise media/entertainment clients have you sold to? Do you have a contract in place to not sell into these accounts currently?   Answer Question
    • We do not currently have any engineers in the area, will this be a concern?   Answer Question
    • Describe you prospecting strategy?   Answer Question
    • Do you know about our MIRO technology?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Internap.

Interview

Someone from HR reached out after searching for my resume online. I briefly went over my skills with the rep and she scheduled the initial panel interview. After that interview was supposed to be another technical interview with 2 tier III Engineers, but since only 1 showed up on time, it ended up being two one hour interviews. Once that was complete, I was called to have a face to face interview which was another 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you configure logging for a remote client? How would you configure 2 ISP's coming into your network to give one ISP preference over the other? Describe the traffic flow between a client accessing a website and a server configured behind a load balancer   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Internap (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring manager was a friend of a friend. He called me for a phone interview then face to face interview. I came in for a panel interview and security eval.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Internap (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

It changes per the manager. I believe you have to present now. When I interviewed, it was with the manager and that person's boss as well. It will be a long process with the manager. Be prepared for anything.

Hosting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Internap (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews: HR, Manager ( or Peers) and Senior Manager. Pretty straight forward. Peer interviews and be a little tricky.

NOC Network Engineer Tier II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Internap (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

HR phone screening, then an over the phone interview. They then brought me in for an in-person interview and asked me a multitude of questions raging from basic networking, network design, conflict resolution, etc.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 ISPs, 3 routers, and 5 switches. Please design a redundant network and describe the protocols at each layer in the network.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Internap.

Interview

Started by networking with former co-worker. Referred to an Internap employee who might be able to help me network. The initial discussion really turned out to be an interview which I did not know going into it. This was good as we were having a discussion and I was not in interview mode. So my true nature really came through.

Interview Questions

• A strategy question for which the interviewers had predefined answer. My answer did not align with theirs. This did not prevent me from getting the position but rather changing the candidate position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary negotiation was not difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Internap (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Pretty informal. Spoke over the phone and met in person with the Regional Manager. After our initial interview, had a phone interview with the RVP, and was then made an offer. Relatively straightforward process. I was brought in through a recruiter as are most of the sales people that end up working here.

Manager of Agile Hosting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Internap (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by Internap recruiter from Atlanta. They set up a phone interview with the supervisor of the Agile Hosting Manager. Interview went well. Follow up interviews were arranged to go onsite to the New York location and interview with the employees that were to report to the Manager of Agile Hosting. Three 1 on 1 interviews with lead Systems Administrator, Lead Network Administrator, and Lead Software Engineer were done. Interviews went well. Several days later, was called back by the Internap HR recruiter in Atlanta to arrange follow-up interviews with Manager in similar positions in other geographic locations. Conducted 3 more phone interviews, two with similar level managers, and one with a company Vice-President. Those all went well. Finally, a second phone interview was setup with the original supervisor of the position. That seemed to go well. 8 total interviews on 4 different days with 7 different people over a period of 14 days. The supervisor seemed very upbeat and was going to get back in touch the following week. 13 days later I received the email that they had selected another candidate. Total process time was about 27 days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle hundreds of angry irrate customers calling about an ongoing issue?   Answer Question

Hosting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Internap (North Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was initially reached out to by a recruiter who had found my resume on Career Builder. She had introduced me over the phone to the company, and asked if I was interested in the position. She then set up a phone interview with the person who would later become my boss. He asked several questions about experience, asked technical questions such as advantages of non-multi-threaded processing, and asked questions such as personal interests. I honestly thought I had bombed (he has a great poker face, too). The recruiter called and told me that I was actually well liked (to my relief) and we set up an interview.

The interview was actually 5 interviews. One was with my boss, one with a guy who later became an excellent resource in marketing, and 3 with people who would become my team-mates on this new team.

The first, my future boss walked in with an arm-full of components out of an old workstation or server, and asked me to identify them.

Second was the guy from marketing, whom I discussed (and diagrammed) the finer points of an infrastructure of a personal project of mine, and was actually able to shed light on some smaller bugs I had been experiencing. It was actually a lot of fun.

Third, fourth and fifth were future team mates and were really just to see if the chemistry worked. Then the recruiter checked in to see if everything went well, then I left.

I had to track down the email address of my future boss as it seems a few email addresses don't match the typical nomenclature, but I did and sent a "thank you" email, as is standard.

I received a (positive) response a few days later.

Interview Questions

• The diagramming was the most unexpected, though breaking it down and discussing the finer points with someone so technical was not only fun, but very enlightening and led to some major shifts in how the application worked to improve performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was somewhat simple. I accepted lower pay than asking as my interview was originally for a part time position, but full-time with benefits was offered.