International Academy of Design & Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Academy of Design & Technology Interview Questions

2.4

Career Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HR called and did a short phone interview, Then another phone interview with department manager and then in person with manager. Offered the job pending background check. Process took about 2-3 weeks.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Long process. Have to beg financial aid for weeks and then wait for corporate to approve candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None Negotiable!

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

You have to present a lesson as if you were teaching before a panel of full-time employees.

Interview Questions

• Having to play teacher wasn't hard but kinda nerve wrecking   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have a set price that all adjuncts get.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

Very basic questions. They want to see that you can speak on you feet and are committed to a sales atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Can you make more than 100 phone calls in a day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a salary and wouldn't negotiate. It was higher than the job listing had posted however.

Client & Student Support Advisor Everblue Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had 3 interviews and was told over and over they were interested and would get back to me. The recruiter was calling and emailing and then silence.

Online Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

They bring you into a conference room with about 12-15 other applicants. Everyone has to stand up and say why they're the best for the job. The people with the best sales pitch go onto have second interviews with some of the managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $32,000 but I advised I was at $35,000 at my current job. They essentially used a bullying technique by agreeing to my demands but by saying that with this "price tag" a lot would be expected and that out of the gate I'd have high expectations.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology (Tukwila, WA) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview focuses on how hard you can work at a repetitive task such as calling students and sales skills. They ask how hard you can work and how dedicated you are to the company that hires you. I had to promise the hiring manager that I would stay with the company for at least one year. Other than that the interview questions were 100% generic. Confidence and personality are what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a client's objection?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me how much I would get paid and what benefits were available, there was no negotiation. Pay was discussed only after I was hired.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview

I was asked situational questions which made sense but also didn't as they would need to provide training on most of these topics. I was interviewed by 5 people at once, some friendly and some cold. Questions from the coldest one interviewing clearly didn't want me for this role and started asking questions that were childish and unnecessary such as "coffee or tea?", "cat or dog", etc. Interviews today on the campus level are very behavioral and less to do with experience or education than before.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if a student came and said they wanted to drop out due to a financial or medical situation but you knew it was best for them to stay in school?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't believe in accepting first offers ever. They certainly low-ball everyone the first round or two, if you persist you will often come out on top. Fight for extras like vacation time, benefits, title, salary etc.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at International Academy of Design & Technology.

Interview

Submitted resume, interviewed, conducted a teaching demonstration, panel interview, got hired

Interview Questions

• It was a standard teaching interview - the demo is the hardest part   Answer Question

Negotiation

easy - just started