International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.6

Apprentice Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (Houston, TX).

Interview

You will be called for an interview with eight older guys sitting along table with you at the end if it (intimidation lol). You will recieve a test score for this process later via postal mail afterwards. I received a 94/score but called back after being laid off for another round of being a Groundsman. Just be honest and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Life experience that would help you in the field of line work, indirect questions gauging your attitude and work ethics. Are you paying your union dues lol.   1 Answer

Solar Panel Interview

Interview

Want to work in this field to learn more an be a part of a company that will show me an train me to be the best at wat it is we do hard an devoted worker in good health an willing to take an challenge with the proper training

Electrical Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was a good experience. The panel interviewing me were very nice and really helped me to trust the organization that up until that point, I wasn't so sure about.

Interview Questions

• What was something you built recently that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.

Interview

To be hired in have to pay a $40 application fee... they take applications every 2nd Monday of the month... once/if you get accepted you interview in front of 6 different people all at the same time... seems to be 3 persons representing the employee and 3 representing the contractors side of interest...

Interview Questions

• I don't remember... it was the fact that I was in front of 6 interviews at 1 time   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't remember

Apprentice Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (Waterloo, IA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview in front of an apprenticeship committee after a passing score on an aptitude test. You are placed on a list based on the average of the scores from the 6 people on the committee. As contractors need a new apprentice, they call the first person on the list. The committee is made up of NECA businesses owners\managers\representatives, and IBEW Journeymen\representatives.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time someone got hurt at work, and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (Denver, CO) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied in person with an application. I was called a week or so later and asked to come in and take an aptitude test. I also sat down with the director and discussed my interest in this type of work. There was room in teh apprenticeship program and I did well on my aptitude test so I got into the program.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude test (physical). They interview was more of an application and test process. Everyone takes the same aptitude test and if there are spots available in the apprenticeship, and you do well on teh aptitude test, you are in. Other that that, there was not much to it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not a negotiation phase. You start at a base pay and your pay increases as you reach a certain number of hours in increments. Once you reach 8000 hours you can take your journeyman electrician test which is a state certification. The only way you make more is to work overtime which is good as you get time and a half before 7 and after 3:30 as well as double time on Sundays. There is potential to make good money if you work a lot of hours.

Journeyman Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elmira, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (Elmira, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

Very hard process. Test interviews. Its a Big waiting game. School helps and Having experience in the electrical field helps.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers in June 2011.

Interview

Group interview with the apprenticeship commite.

Interview Questions

• dO YOU HAVE ANY ELECTRICAL/CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE   1 Answer