International Council of Shopping Centers Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Council of Shopping Centers (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter 3 times via phone and e-mail, sending him my resume and tweaking things here and there. I also met with him once in his office and filled out his employment application. He then made an appointment for me with the business. I went on the interview and knew right away that it was not going to end positively for me.

The company was located in the Time-Life Building, and had a diverse staff. The HR representative (an older woman) responded positively to me with a warm smile but had smirk on her face immediately and basically told me I didn't fit at this company. Her exact words were "I don't want a round peg working a square hole" - "I want my employees happy" - I was wondering why the entire time, as I tried to prove myself with each answer, citing examples of my past performances and work ethic.

I left the interview upset and agitated, wondering what I had done wrong, - was it my shoes? My hair? I immediately called the recruiter. He was flabbergasted and told me he would get to the bottom of it. He called me back 2 days later to let me know I just didn't have the 20 years of experience they were looking for.