International Flavors & Fragrances Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Flavors & Fragrances Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2017

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Standard interview - the company was great, everything handled very professionally, just wasn't the right fit at the time. Organization seems sound and knows what their directive is - would encourage others to apply if they're looking at IFF.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances (New York, NY).

Interview

Average, met expectations set by those I knew who interviewed. Would not say it was too lengthy. I do feel that it was a fair interview and those who needed to be a part of the panel did, and those who did not were not involved.

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Short telephonic interview then onsite interview. It would be best to work on your resume and the mostly related to the position you are interviewing for. There were three rounds of onsite interview, not very long but mostly questions was about the resume.

Microbiology Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was OK but asked behavior questions mostly. no technical questions asked. Did not reply after interview even after 3-4 weeks. No follow ups and no closure. 6 total people interviewed and all were behavior questions

Fine Fragrance Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Don't remember exactly. I answered an ad on the internet, and a lab support recruiter call me back and set up an interview for the next day. First interviewer was fine, standard interview questions, going through my cv and stuff, she showed me around the lab and introduced me to the people I might work with if I get the job. And then I met with a second interviewer, which at the time they were having difficulties with one of the machines, so he spent most of the time on phone and then sent me home.

Interview Questions

• A person from sales brought in samples, asked me to smell them and pick the odd one out.   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

phone interview with an on site interview. Did not ask any specific question was not sure how they judged me asked me basics of security difference between confidentiality and integrity

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazlet, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances (Hazlet, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was immediate and speedy. I spoke to someone on the phone who set up an immediate in person interview for the following week. However, I found out that they were interviewing colleagues of mine and wasn't told anything for a few weeks. I was disappointed that they would make me and friends compete against each other. The company seemed to be doing well and it sounded like a promising opportunity. It was unfortunate that they seemed to string me along after they seemed so interested initially.

Beverage Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances.

Interview

Sent Cv, a week or so later got invited to Skype interview with hiring manager and technical director. 2 weeks later had an interview. Took less then an hour - wasn't too hard - mostly went through my CV

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances.

Interview

Found the posting through Indeed.com and reached out to the position supervisor a few days later on LinkedIn. They contacted me back about a month later to set up a brief phone interview and then brought me in to the office to meet with supervisor and HR manager. A week goes by without hearing anything and then the emailed me to schedule another office visit -- to interview with 3 more people and then two more phone interviews with people overseas that week. The interviews last about 30-45 minutes each and were mostly behavior questions with a few specific experience questions related to the position. After the phone interviews, it was about a week and a half for them to let me know their decision.

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International Flavors & Fragrances (South Brunswick Terrace, NJ).

Interview

Answer an ad, look at their website. They call. Bring in a brief list of past jobs. They test urine, you also briefly talk to the department manager.