International Paper Finance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at International Paper

2.7
HardAverageEasy
Found 3 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at International Paper (United States) in Feb 2020

Interview

Long process. Initial phone screen with recruiter then onsite panel interview. Everyone just ready off behavior based questions from a list - felt very scripted. If you’re good at BS, then these types of interviews you’ll do fine. Not sure they really provide true insight of the candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you failed.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Paper (Knoxville, TN) in Sep 2017

Interview

I met at a job fair on campus and was offered an interview the next day. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and easy to talk to, that I found. I enjoyed the interview and learned a lot about the people who were interviewing me. I asked about their career paths with IP and they really enjoyed that I asked that.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your leadership roles and skills you have gained/things you have learned from them.
Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Cincinnati, OH) in Apr 2016

Interview

The interview process was very conversational. It consisted of behavioral questions only. Typically the questions were pertaining to either group projects or scenarios in the past of overcoming hardship. This interview does not take much preparation, just an easy going conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you had to overcome a struggle.
  • Can you tell me about a time where you had to take the lead in a group project and how did it go?
  • Do you have any experience with financial reporting?