International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty relaxed interview, but challenging at the same time. I applied, got notified of the interview request, and met with two individuals. The interview was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to express an unpopular opinion?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at International Paper (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview. After screening met in person to review job details and expectations. This seemed more employer sided than employee oriented. Things seemed open ended at conclusion of interview process with no feedback readily available.

Mechine Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at International Paper in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in July 2016 and just recently received and invitation to the assessment I took it a week later and I passed. I was notified by email and invited to schedule an on site interview

Any Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

They came to a campus event and set up on-site interviews. After successfully completing an on-campus interview, I was accepted into the blitz. They are really wonderful in the regard that they genuinely take care of their recruits. They will either fly you in or let you drive and compensate you for your milage. The interview "blitz" lasts 2 days. You arrive in the afternoon, are provided with a catered lunch, and afterwards there are a series of information sessions, followed by an evening networking event. Some of the people with whom you are networking will be interviewing you the following day. I encourage you to speak with as many people as possible. I also encourage you to make friends with your cohort- these are the people with whom you will be cooperating the next day during the group activity. The following day, there are interviews and a group activity.

For the interviews: Any connections you may have made during the initial networking activities will come in handy here. The interviews experienced by my cohort were two-person panel interviews lasting 45 minutes in length each. They ranged in difficulty depending upon with whom you were interviewing. The questions were largely behavioral based.

For the Group activity: They are watching you to see how you work with others in a group setting. Do not over-act. Do not try to take over. Do not try to "look like a leader." The goal is to see how well you listen to each other. Compromise is rewarded, and influence does not appear to matter- though they did not explicitly tell us that it did not. I wish you great luck in this endeavor.

Finally, they show you the city. Memphis seems like a great place, although we didn't really get to see much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a decision you made had knock-on effects. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

International Paper recruits on campus. They came and conducted an information session. Very informative about the company, values, interview process. I applied for one of their on campus interviews, was notified that I was selected to participate in the on campus interview only a few days after applying. The process was easy and I interviewed two weeks later on campus

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a conflict at work and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at International Paper in October 2016.

Interview

Prescreen phone interview with a panel of 3 managers- Two engineering managers and one HR representative. The panel was experienced with phone interviews and made the call as easy-going as possible. Lasted about 40 minutes.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Long and arduous. Most of the time they were just trying to explain how great the company is rather than ask us about ourselves. There were 3 rounds of interviews and there were many pointless presentations about the company.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview on campus. There were two interviewers both had gone through the REACH program. The interview was casual and the questions were standard HR questions. They focused on previous experience and my resume. Some of the questions were similar, so I ended up discussing the same experiences multiple times.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was on campus. The interview was really relaxed and the company seems very interesting. The only drawbacks were the positions available were not very diverse in choice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone on your team was not cooperative with other members and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Paper in September 2016.

Interview

There were two interviewers and it took place on college campus. Very relaxed. They asked behavior questions and carried on conversations well. It was one man and one woman. They were both from the auditing department if I rember correctly.

Interview Questions

• The interview I signed up for was an full time analyst, but the email that told me I did not get the offer stated it was for the auditing internship. There was some confusion as to what the interview was for   Answer Question