International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.8

178 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

The interview will be a panel of two or three...at the most 20 questions about "in this situation, what would you do"...advice would be to treat it like a conversation rather than you answering questions to a test

Interview Questions

• Just questions about how you would handle unexpected stuff   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper (Kenton, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview asked standard interview questions. immediately called back for face to face. 20 mins in after asking then same questions said they had to reschedule. never did.

Interview Questions

• how many people have you been in charge of   1 Answer

IT Senior Specialist Interview

Interview

Interview process was fine. Talked to Corporate Recruiter and gave details declined to move forward at that point. I knew it wasn't a good fit for me they were looking for specific skills that were not on the job description that I did not possess

Interview Questions

• What kind of jobs have you been applying for and how long have you been looking?   Answer Question

Human Resources Operational Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

Friendly Interview. Questions were straight forward and not behavioral, which I appreciated. Did a good job describing the position which led me to determione it was not a geood fit for my experience.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

I was invited to have an on campus interview after discussing career opportunities with them at a university career fair. Two person interview - one process engineer and an HR rep. The interview was very easy and basic.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a hectic and unclean environment?   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper in May 2017.

Interview

Thorough interview process took about 7 hours to complete. Meet with several managers in the mill then interviewed with 3 sets of 2 people for approximately 1 hour each

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at International Paper in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled a phone interview after two months of submitting resume for full time position and it went well.
    HR contacted to arrange onsite interview availability, after that no response from anyone, and after a month they informed that they are going with a contractor later on to hire , instead of full time position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty relaxed interview, but challenging at the same time. I applied, got notified of the interview request, and met with two individuals. The interview was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to express an unpopular opinion?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at International Paper (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview. After screening met in person to review job details and expectations. This seemed more employer sided than employee oriented. Things seemed open ended at conclusion of interview process with no feedback readily available.

REACH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (New York, NY).

Interview

International Paper invited me and approximately 50-60 other candidates to a 3 day interview process. The first evening we had the opportunity to meet employees from all the different mills that they were hiring from. Day two consisted of a tour of one of the paper mills in the morning and interviews for the rest of the day. These interviews were split into two types. One was two rounds of your traditional type of interview. The second was a more behavioral interview where you were put into a team and had to solve a problem. The day then concluded with a final dinner. The next morning there was some final networking opportunities over breakfast then we were off.