International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

The interview was a panel of managers and members of human resources. They were all very nice however they didn't seem too interested in me even though I have alot of previous experience. They were big on safety.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper in October 2010.

Interview

One of the most unique interview processes I have seen. College interview is a panel interview at the college. This interview is the cut off for the second round of interviews. IP invites the second round candidates to a mill site for two days. The process consists of dinners, group and individual interviews and a final tour.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict situation in a team setting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Could be done though specially if you have another offer.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at International Paper (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview. After screening met in person to review job details and expectations. This seemed more employer sided than employee oriented. Things seemed open ended at conclusion of interview process with no feedback readily available.

Any Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

They came to a campus event and set up on-site interviews. After successfully completing an on-campus interview, I was accepted into the blitz. They are really wonderful in the regard that they genuinely take care of their recruits. They will either fly you in or let you drive and compensate you for your milage. The interview "blitz" lasts 2 days. You arrive in the afternoon, are provided with a catered lunch, and afterwards there are a series of information sessions, followed by an evening networking event. Some of the people with whom you are networking will be interviewing you the following day. I encourage you to speak with as many people as possible. I also encourage you to make friends with your cohort- these are the people with whom you will be cooperating the next day during the group activity. The following day, there are interviews and a group activity.

For the interviews: Any connections you may have made during the initial networking activities will come in handy here. The interviews experienced by my cohort were two-person panel interviews lasting 45 minutes in length each. They ranged in difficulty depending upon with whom you were interviewing. The questions were largely behavioral based.

For the Group activity: They are watching you to see how you work with others in a group setting. Do not over-act. Do not try to take over. Do not try to "look like a leader." The goal is to see how well you listen to each other. Compromise is rewarded, and influence does not appear to matter- though they did not explicitly tell us that it did not. I wish you great luck in this endeavor.

Finally, they show you the city. Memphis seems like a great place, although we didn't really get to see much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a decision you made had knock-on effects. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

After passing the assessment test, I was given interview a week later.....waiting on the outcome..Interview was very intense. Was interviewed by a panel of 3 people, questions were skill and personality based. They were very stern but I was able to break the ice.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Paper (San Antonio, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Lengthy interview process that was very comprehensible. Also, the organization's mission, vision, values, and culture, was discussed. The panel of interviewees contained three individuals including: managers and human resource personnel. The special duties were described that were consistent with the position description and grade;the education and experience specified are consistent with the position description and level.

REACH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Augusta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. They came to campus career fair day then held on campus interviews. If you did well you got invited to their event. Mine was in Augusta georgia. They had their own "mill fair " which is like career fair except instead of different companies there is all the different IP mills.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize projects?   1 Answer

Global Sourcing Associating Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper in September 2014.

Interview

Met at the career fair on campus, was invited to an interview the next day. Questions weren't too difficult, but they made me feel stupid for things on my resume. Most questions seemed to be accusatory.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick easy background phone interview, panel interview with 3 people, then a second panel interview with 4 people. It was very formal and although I had prepared myself well, it proved aggressive. Just a lot of very intense questions. Probably 30 questions in all...the two panel interviews lasted about an hour and a half each.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the "tell me about a time" questions...weaknesses, how you communicate with others, management styles, disagreements with coworkers, issues with authority. Just a lot of very intense questions.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelbyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Shelbyville, IL).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and I was going to interview, but then was told the position had been filled. I was later contacted by a different recruiter with the same job specifications. I was then asked if I would be willing to relocate. The recruiter asked questions about dealing with personnel and when I would be available to start. I also had to give three references for him to contact.

The recruiter then passed my info on to the HR manager and set up a 30 to 45 min phone interview for me.

At the end of the phone interview I was told by the HR manager that he would like me to come to the plant the following week.

The interview process was very quick. The managers interviewed me multiple times and I found it very redundant.The Plant Manager asked for a lot of specific details regarding my resume.

I had to go back on the next week for a final interview. The managers I had already interviewed with the previous visit interviewed me again in a panel interview. They asked the same type of questions.

Once this was completed, I had to take a personality assessment. This was about 100 questions. I was given the drug testing at that time and then sent the final offer over email.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of the same questions over and over again. You had to know what you were talking about obviously. The plant manager asked for a lot of details on the specifics of my resume. If interviewed by the plant manager, be ready to talk specifics with him.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a good offer, so I did not counter. However, in retrospect I should have negotiated more vacation time due the nature of the shift work.