International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Mechine Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at International Paper in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in July 2016 and just recently received and invitation to the assessment I took it a week later and I passed. I was notified by email and invited to schedule an on site interview

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Cleveland, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Skills test and personality test
    3. Interview (upon passing skills and personality test).
    Entire process can take anywhere from 3 weeks to as long as several months, depending on their needs and business outlook.

Interview Questions

• If a machine is indicating an unsafe process that could injure someone but a supervisor tells you to keep running and make due, what action(s) should you take?   1 Answer

Any Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

They came to a campus event and set up on-site interviews. After successfully completing an on-campus interview, I was accepted into the blitz. They are really wonderful in the regard that they genuinely take care of their recruits. They will either fly you in or let you drive and compensate you for your milage. The interview "blitz" lasts 2 days. You arrive in the afternoon, are provided with a catered lunch, and afterwards there are a series of information sessions, followed by an evening networking event. Some of the people with whom you are networking will be interviewing you the following day. I encourage you to speak with as many people as possible. I also encourage you to make friends with your cohort- these are the people with whom you will be cooperating the next day during the group activity. The following day, there are interviews and a group activity.

For the interviews: Any connections you may have made during the initial networking activities will come in handy here. The interviews experienced by my cohort were two-person panel interviews lasting 45 minutes in length each. They ranged in difficulty depending upon with whom you were interviewing. The questions were largely behavioral based.

For the Group activity: They are watching you to see how you work with others in a group setting. Do not over-act. Do not try to take over. Do not try to "look like a leader." The goal is to see how well you listen to each other. Compromise is rewarded, and influence does not appear to matter- though they did not explicitly tell us that it did not. I wish you great luck in this endeavor.

Finally, they show you the city. Memphis seems like a great place, although we didn't really get to see much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a decision you made had knock-on effects. Tell me about a time you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a four person panel interview, it was done individually. Each member of the panel was from a different department and worked to determine the best fit within international paper.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

International Paper recruits on campus. They came and conducted an information session. Very informative about the company, values, interview process. I applied for one of their on campus interviews, was notified that I was selected to participate in the on campus interview only a few days after applying. The process was easy and I interviewed two weeks later on campus

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when there was a conflict at work and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Dayton, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Very kind interviewers, they really wanted to get to know you. There were two people in a quite room, very talkative and were did not try to ambush you, or make you fell uncomfortable. Southern hospitality was actually displayed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a conflict?
      Tell me about something on your resume?
      Asked you to basically explain how everything you did on your resume.
      Behavioral questions   Answer Question

It was a field that I realized I wasn't sure I wanted to enter into.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at International Paper in October 2016.

Interview

Prescreen phone interview with a panel of 3 managers- Two engineering managers and one HR representative. The panel was experienced with phone interviews and made the call as easy-going as possible. Lasted about 40 minutes.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Long and arduous. Most of the time they were just trying to explain how great the company is rather than ask us about ourselves. There were 3 rounds of interviews and there were many pointless presentations about the company.

Prod Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They called me first. I met with HR and a manager, came back for another interview with a panel. They all asked questions and I answered them. It took over an hour for the panel interview. I thought I had done badly, but I got an offer. Perhaps they needed someone bad. It still took a long time to get hired. They are slow at the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my production experience and what kinds of machines I ran in the past. Asked about my prior supervisor positions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I met with a lady that gave me a packet. She explained the forms to me and I filled out. There was not any negotiation, they made an offer and I signed.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple face to face interview, very friendly talked about different situations (very general) that might be applicable to this job. In addition, asked very general engineering questions about my studies

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to overcome an obstacle in a unique way   Answer Question