International Paper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

International Paper Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Manufacturing Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

2 panels. Mill tour. One on one with Hiring Manager. Lasted most of the day. Met most employees during tour. Get a great feel for the work during this time. No discussions of benefits or salary. This is done later with HR in days following.

Environmental Remediation Manager Interview

Interview

I applied by sending a resume to them. After a brief period of time, I received an email with a word attachment that served to screen me. The questions listed on the screen at included as the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your current role and responsibilities?

2. Salary information:
      a. Current base salary?
      b. Current bonus amount?
      c. Expected Salary?

3. Are you willing to relocate?

4. Are you willing to travel? What % of overnight travel would you be willing to do on a monthly basis?

5. Please explain your experience working with wood treating chemicals and/or dioxins?

6. What has been the most complex type of remediation project you have worked with? How large was the project?

7. Please explain your level of exposure to PCB and sediments?

8. Based on your experience, what value would you be able to bring to this position?

9. What feedback have you consistently received over your career about your natural areas of strength? Developmental needs?

10. Why are you considering a new opportunity?

Thank you for answering the questions above. Please share with us your areas of EHS/Safety expertise below.​​

​Yes​No

Sustainability​ ​●​●

Answer Question

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Carson, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied via international paper website got a call 2 weeks later to come in for aptitude test...test was about 2 hours basic skills test and personality quiz followed up with a hr interview and got email same day to setup next interview

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at international paper?
      What skills can you bring to the table?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing really was open to any position just wanted to get my foot in the,door

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

The interview was a panel of managers and members of human resources. They were all very nice however they didn't seem too interested in me even though I have alot of previous experience. They were big on safety.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and resume via the internet. I was contact a few weeks later to setup an on campus interview. The interview very quickly, for me, changed from feeling like a formal interview to what felt like a conversation among friends. The panel I was interviewed by made it very easy to relate my past experiences to the role I was applying for. I have not been given an offer yet but I fully expect that I will receive one.

Technical Level I Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Paper in May 2016.

Interview

A two-hour computer test is given onsite to ensure eligibility for an interview.
    The test is meant to show the prospective employee's aptitude in team situations, problem scenarios, and basic logic skills.

An interview is given a week later with a panel of interviewers. The interview took less than 30 minutes.

Decisions were announced in about a week's time.
    Highly-professional and expedited. Everyone was friendly.

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Paper in May 2016.

Interview

Screening test was a joke. If you're an IBEW you should do well as it's an inside test. They ask questions about steam and DC motors. DC motors are quickly being replaced as they are obsolete because of the new AC VFD's. Asking questions about steam to an electrician isn't being realistic unless you were working in the boiler field. If you are a non-union electrician there's no way to really prep so, don't waste your time.

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Paper (Fond du Lac, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied and was initially contacted in April. Process was unnecessarily protracted (3 months). Initial phone screen and then 2 onsite interviews. Each onsite was exactly 1 hour and consisted of standard "tell me about yourself" questions and a few behavioral based questions. Interview team was Plant Manager and two employees from business unit management. Made me feel comfortable, at ease and welcome during the entire process. Job was reposted several times while I was in-process though and this made me feel like I was a holdout in case they couldn't find someone more to their liking.

4th interview was to again meet the senior staff at a restaurant when I assumed (incorrectly) an offer would be presented. They asked similar questions regarding my style of employee engagement and project management. They offered feedback in a day or so and that never happened. My interest waned and I contacted the company and withdrew my application more than 2 weeks later with no reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a process improvement initiative you lead. How did you engage employees and what were outcomes?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Paper (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

After passing the assessment test, I was given interview a week later.....waiting on the outcome..Interview was very intense. Was interviewed by a panel of 3 people, questions were skill and personality based. They were very stern but I was able to break the ice.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at International Paper (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very conversational. It consisted of behavioral questions only. Typically the questions were pertaining to either group projects or scenarios in the past of overcoming hardship. This interview does not take much preparation, just an easy going conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to overcome a struggle.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time where you had to take the lead in a group project and how did it go?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with financial reporting?   Answer Question